FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying a second hand red camera

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Christian
Buying a second hand red camera
on Aug 11, 2015 at 3:18:07 pm

I am looking to buy a new camera. I was looking at the Blackmagic cameras but then recently I was offered a Red Scarlet X with a very basic set up, only one 64gb SSD and missing a v lock battery and some Redvolts, but almost there. The pricing after the battery’s and bits it would need is only about £1000 more than the Blackmagic camera and I was thinking of getting a Red instead. There are a few Red Ones out there in the wild too, but they are so heavy and there is still the option of the upgrades for the Scarlets I believe. The price was around £3500 but I’m unsure how to go about buying one of these second hand.
So I thought I’d post here and see if anyone has any advice such as what to look for or where to check the camera. Is it possible to have the camera inspected before and would that have to be done by Red or are there other places people might know. Are these camera very reliable or is a second hand one a questionable proposition? What sort of hours should I be looking for on the clock etc? Anything you would want to know or do before handing over your hard earned cash. I’m in London by the way.
Now I know that the first thing a lot of folk say is that you should always go to a reputable seller and so on but I’ve never had the cash so it’s not an option and we have built our kit over time through e bay and gum tree and such just by keeping our wits about us and have managed it very cheaply so, though I agree, I’m asking if you had to go to someone you didn’t know what would be your advice?

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Buying a second hand red camera
on Aug 12, 2015 at 3:05:05 pm

Currently parts for the Scarlet and EPIC/DRAGON are going cheap at REDUSER and eBay.
I just picked up a QUAD PRO BATTERY MODULE and the ADAPTOR for under $200 USD at eBay.

I purchased my BT Scarlet 2012 Fall and have no desire to upgrade to EPIC.
My original purchase was a BMDCC but it was so late that I decided to go with my first love...RED.

Return to posts index

bryce arroyo
Re: Buying a second hand red camera
on Aug 17, 2015 at 5:15:41 pm

Neil,

Here at Maxx Digital we work very closely and help with a lot of Red camera's customer service issues. If you would like contact me, and we can figure out if you need to have the camera inspected as well as looking for the parts you need.

Bryce Arroyo
714-476-4308
bryce@maxxdigital.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]