FORUMS: list search recent posts

RedCinex Pro Audio Troubles

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
meagan thomas
RedCinex Pro Audio Troubles
on Jul 21, 2015 at 3:40:01 pm

So, we have Dragon 6k files and we're having a lot of trouble syncing to external audio (WAV) files....

I was hoping that the ideal workflow would be to bring the r3d files into redcinex pro, sync to the external (good) wav files, and then gen some proxies from redcinex pro.

No matter what I do, redcinex pro will NOT sync to the wav files. I've checked the wav files, they play just fine in VLC (or iTunes for that matter). The r3d files are also fine - they play in Red player, and I can transcode them into MXF files via media encoder, they seem fine. I tried adding the individual r3d files, no go. Then I added from the directory level, no go. I tried syncing manually, one r3d file to one wav file, no go. There is some camera audio, don't know if that is the problem. I tried doing this on another computer just to eliminate the computer I was using. Both computers, same problem.

It spits out this error in the log files: The clip "....../7.18.15_Day1/A Camera/A001/A001_0718DA.RDM/A001_C003_0718JW.RDC/A001_C003_0718JW_001.R3D" is not capable of having audio, ignoring for auto match.

I also tried syncing in Pluraleyes, no go (not surprised there, actually - Pluraleyes has always had difficulties with Red files - and yes, I have the latest version).

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: RedCinex Pro Audio Troubles
on Jul 22, 2015 at 11:43:30 am

Perhaps try rolling back one version of RCX. I know the the latest version 35 has been creating some problems for people. You can get an earlier version at RED.com support.

http://www.bottegabattistella.com/blog/

Return to posts index

meagan thomas
on Jul 22, 2015 at 3:40:01 pm

Well, one of the problems with this first approach was that the media was not in bins. So, when it's in bins, it starts to read the audio, but doesn't seem to place the external audio on the timeline, nor can I hear it.....I tried an export, just for grins, and got no audio, so something's still not right.....

And thank you for taking the time to reply.....

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Jul 22, 2015 at 4:02:10 pm

If you can not get this going then I would also consider the Lite version of Resolve.

David

http://www.bottegabattistella.com/blog/

Return to posts index

meagan thomas
on Jul 22, 2015 at 4:38:45 pm

So, I was going to do this for "free", for the experience, but I've decided that if RedCinex Pro won't work, and we have to slate sync the movie clip by clip (probably over 2000 clips), I want to be paid, at least paid something for all that work and also for using my own equipment (two workstations, one laptop). Too much work to do for free.

As for Resolve, that's a bit of a learning curve that I'll only take on if I'm paid. I took a quick look and gave it a bit of a try and it failed also. That might be because I'm not fully familiar with the audio syncing in Resolve, just not sure.

I might learn it on my own, when I'm not under production pressure. It's probably a useful skill to have, but not trying to learn it under production pressure and not getting paid....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]