FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem with Nuke VFX

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eve Ramsden
problem with Nuke VFX
on Mar 16, 2015 at 12:40:12 am

I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to post about this, but I couldn't see a Nuke specific part of this site, and am hoping someone on Creative Cow has come across a similar problem before.

I shot some footage at 6k on the Red Epic with the Dragon sensor. We are mastering at 4k, and I was told to give a 4k HD pro res 4444 file (transcoded from the originals in cine-x pro) to the VFX person. this was more or less the blind leading the blind in that I have not any VFX work at all before (I'm just the director) and she is a trainee.

She managed to import and work on the file just fine- a one minute clip which needed a few things painting out. However, when it came to exporting it, Nuke kept on coming up with the error message "can't rename .tmp to final". This may have been something to do with the fact she was at certain points trying to export a .mov, which didn't seem possible in Nuke 9. In the end even exporting a TIFF or DPX wasn't working.

Does anyone know why Nuke responded so badly upon export- could it have been the fact that we tried to work from a ProRes file? any pointers gratefully received.

09PSR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]