MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Basics Forum Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

camera shake and Vegas

COW Forums : MAGIX Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wompoocamera shake and Vegas
by on Nov 22, 2005 at 2:34:48 am

Although I have had considerable experience photographing wildlife my safari to east africa put me to the test big time. I used a sony dcr vx-2100 prosumer camera with built in camera shake thrwarter. However I was on a bouncing vehicle that even when still left me with images that are okay overall but too bouncey for my taste. A friend who has vertigo doesnt like to watch my footage if you can catch my drift. Even though crisp there is noticable movement. I used my arm as a steadying device and other things but being on a crowded safari vehicle with others cramming you for space is not ideal. A tripod would not have helped at all because of the movement of the vehicle. In despearation I stretched the media clips and made everything move in slow motion and cut out as many bouncey clips as possible. Does vegas have a feature to assist with this? I have the beginner verison vegas movie studio. Thanks as always!

Return to posts index

jeditdvRe: camera shake and Vegas
by on Nov 22, 2005 at 3:10:00 pm

Vegas does not. However, you might want to look at VirtualDub (free) which has many free plugins available - one of which does what you are requesting. I don't have any links handy.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index

WompooRe: camera shake and Vegas
by on Nov 22, 2005 at 3:55:56 pm

Thanks so much Ed! Do you know if virtualdub changes the quality of the original footage and also works seemlessly with Sony Vegas?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved