MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

How to import .ai files?

COW Forums : MAGIX Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Kemp
How to import .ai files?
on Jun 5, 2014 at 6:36:05 pm

I need to import some logos into a project I'm creating, but vegas says the .ai files are not compatible. What is the easiest way to get around this and turn them into another file type?

Return to posts index

Selina Young
Re: How to import .ai files?
on Jun 5, 2014 at 8:26:04 pm

A quick scan of the forum's post has shows that the subject of vector format graphics has been touched on and generally it would seem that the best way forward would be to rasterize the 'ai' file to a png, tiff or psd file as these will support alpha transparency. In this case, it is probably best to save them at the largest size you will need for your project as bitmapped graphics don't enlarge very well - unless 'jaggies' are what you're after!

However, having said that... it is possible to use a vector 'ai' or 'eps' (version 8 or less) indirectly through a plugin like BorisFX Extruded EPS. Just make sure that the Extrusion Style in set to NONE, The Material Count is 1-Same on all sides and Front Material is set to Keep EPS Color.

I'm sure some of the more seasoned members of this forum have one or two tricks up their sleeves they could share ;))

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: How to import .ai files?
on Jun 6, 2014 at 4:58:57 pm

.ai is the native Adobe Illustrator format - you should export files from Illustrator as 72dpi non-interlaced .png with alpha for best use in Vegas. Make sure they're large enough that you don't have to scale them up in Vegas.

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Downtown Long Beach, California
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1680680/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]