MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

10-bit video green

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Riker
10-bit video green
on Nov 18, 2013 at 10:50:14 pm

I have a 10-bit encoded h.264 file with tds audio in an mp4 container. Vegas opens it "fine" but it's totally green thruout. Not the video is greenish must a rectangle of solid green. Thoughts?

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: 10-bit video green
on Nov 19, 2013 at 12:51:43 am

Could possibly be corrupt. Where was this video file derived from?

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

John Riker
on Nov 19, 2013 at 4:00:37 pm

Highly possible. Came from a creative firm that had the original video, the DTS track, a stereo track with the president speaking, and a bunch of ASS translation overlay files in the MKV. Unfortunately the vendor is now not our friends so to speak as our marketing group tends to have a fallout with every darn vendor they work with so can't comfortably go back to them for help.

Funny thing if I convert the video in Handbrake it still can't open in Vegas. However, if I run the video thru eac3to with the -slowdown I think it was command, it complains about the video but when I take the resulting MKV and the extracted DTS track and multiplex those back together, then have handbrake convert it, Vegas can open it. Problem to date is though I'm loosing audio sync in the final result so hoping for some advice on how best to deal with this situation.

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Nov 20, 2013 at 12:05:39 pm

Honestly, you have dealt with the situation very well yourself,
having it opening in Vegas. The next hard part then its seems you
really have to manually sync the audio with the video now.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-461-9019

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]