MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Corrupt Vegas Project - Can I restore?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Myers
Corrupt Vegas Project - Can I restore?
on Nov 6, 2013 at 8:31:37 pm

After several hours of editing a project in Sony Vegas 10.0 my editor stated that after taking an audio file from a bin and placing it on the timeline, the timeline froze and she was unable to access any of the controls on the timeline or in the toolbar above. She closed the project, and when she went to re-open it, a white dialogue box came up with an error message that the project was either corrupt or in an unknown format.

This has never happened before. Since that time, I restarted the computer a few times, deleted the file that was brought to the timeline from the hard drive, unplugged the unit, and each time I open the project, the same error message appears and the project will not open.

Is there any way to restore a corrupt project without having to start from scratch? I have opened other projects that we are working on or recently completed and they work fine so it is not a computer or hard drive issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan Myers.

Return to posts index

Joe Mantaratz
Re: Corrupt Vegas Project - Can I restore?
on Nov 6, 2013 at 9:25:13 pm

Did you try using the Veg backup file? Leave the original backup file and copy it with another name and be sure to remove the bak extension

Note: It will have the same name as your normal Veg file except with the BAK extension.

Return to posts index

Louis Zano
Re: Corrupt Vegas Project - Can I restore?
on Nov 16, 2013 at 3:36:32 pm

Try going to:

MY COMPUTER
USERS
OWNER
APP DATA
LOCAL
SONY
VEGAS PRO
9.0 (or your version number)
and open a few of the "resotred' projects and see if the one you are after was autosaved at some point. This worked for me in a similar situation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]