MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Best mp4 conversion to Vegas?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Riker
Best mp4 conversion to Vegas?
on Oct 23, 2013 at 12:07:35 am

I have an mkv (from BluRay) and Vegas can't open it of course. When I convert the mkv file which contains a VC-1 vid track to WMV so Vegas can read it, all output to any format from Vegas uncompressed or not is like the frame rate is off and the screen doesn't move smooth.

I recently used handbrake to convert to mp4, then converted in Vegas using neat video filter. Then back to WMV for my xbox. No studded in playback so that was good. The output is lighter than the final result than a conversion from mkv straight to WMV. For example the first two seconds before the video starts the one that went thru the mp4 and Vegas process is a lot lighter compared to the outer borders than the one that went straight from mkv to WMV. Would a different encoder to mp4 produce better results? Something different to try to get a darker result? Won't notice once the movie starts but trying to retain dark levels.

Thanks.

JR

Return to posts index

John Riker
Re: Best mp4 conversion to Vegas?
on Oct 23, 2013 at 12:53:36 am

Note my conversion is:

BluRay unencrypted
To mp4 with handbrake high profile
Into Vegas as 8 bit pixel format instead of 32 as neat video plugin not meant for 32-bit
Render in Vegas with Video for Windows (.avi) -> HD 1080-24p (YUV) template and select uncompressed for codex
Then use microsoft expressions to convert to WMV.

Somewhere between the mp4 creation and output from Vegas video looses some black levels.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]