MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

AVID Menu Quality Button: it affects only the *display* ??? Or other output as well ???

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
AVID Menu Quality Button: it affects only the *display* ??? Or other output as well ???
on Aug 13, 2013 at 6:37:38 am

Guys: The AVID Help guide refers to this Menu Quality Button as affecting the monitor *display.* implying it affects only the display. And then it points the inquiring mind to "Options for Controlling Real-Time Playback."

And a Lynda.com Avid tutorial (great series) seems to remind us to always check this button (green) before exporting for the highest export quality.

So what is the definitive word, folks? Is this a control ONLY for preview and as an aid in smoothing playback??? Does it really have nothing to do with exporting, transcoding or other functions?

I would like to think that AVID would--being the intelligent, intuitive designers that they are--would raise a query to the user prior to executing the export (transcode, or whatever) if it was going to result in less than best quality and perhaps the user forgot it was not set to green. Since we don't see such a reminder, I am hopeful it doesn't in fact matter for exports.

But this whole thing is less than crystal clear.

Thanks for a wonderfully helpful site.
Mike

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: AVID Menu Quality Button: it affects only the *display* ??? Or other output as well ???
on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:05:45 pm

You are asking (?) an Avid question on the Sony Vegas forum. I suspect you are not going to get a lot of helpful information regarding AVID in this forum.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: AVID Menu Quality Button: it affects only the *display* ??? Or other output as well ???
on Aug 14, 2013 at 1:02:56 am

Sorry Michael, you are in the wrong Forum.........lol

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]