MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

To John Rofrano or...

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joao Souza
To John Rofrano or...
on May 18, 2013 at 8:12:41 pm

Whoever who could add something ;)

Hey John do you have or know any tutorials about red/cyan 3D?
Things like...should I add a stereoscopic plugin for stuff I want backwards and another one for stuff forward.
If I add only one stereoscop plugin to the video output fx like so many youtube videos tell to do, everything will be together backwards or forward, there won't be different depths.
Things like how to make things jump off the screen etc.
If I set stereoscopic effect high, things don't jump off the screen, they just look doubled and out of focus.
Watch video below.
Even though he used too much effect, his tools really jump off the screen, they almost reach our faces but if I add that much of stereoscopic effect, image will only look doubled and out of focus, never jumping off the screen that way.

It'd be cool any tutorials about it.

We have so much time and so little to do! / Willy Wonka

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: To John Rofrano or...
on May 19, 2013 at 1:37:20 am

[Joao Souza] "If I add only one stereoscop plugin to the video output fx like so many youtube videos tell to do, everything will be together backwards or forward, there won't be different depths."
Yea, that's not real 3D and that's never going to look right because, as you said, everything is off-set by the same amount so there are not distinct planes of depth.
[Joao Souza] "Even though he used too much effect, his tools really jump off the screen, they almost reach our faces but if I add that much of stereoscopic effect, image will only look doubled and out of focus, never jumping off the screen that way."
I assume he is using a 3D camera and not faking this in post. If you want real 3D you'll need to either buy a 3D camera or buy a 3D Conversion Lens for your camera.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

Joao Souza
on May 19, 2013 at 5:46:53 am

Thanks man, I thought I was doing something wrong.
The only salvation is side by side 3d(created with stereoscopic plugin)looks awesome with my 3D tv which uses those transparent glasses, things jump off the screen, not mush as real 3D but at least they do and colors are not messed up like with red/cyan glasses, peopke that don't like red/cyan glasses don't buy those tvs because they think they suck the same but not at all, those transparent glasses are awesome, it's like the only change is different plans have depth but colors are perfect like the original.

Damn I just got my first HD cam, electronics here are super expensive because of our border taxes, everything here costs about 3-5 times higher than there :(
Does anybody have an old 3D cam or an old 3D conversion lens that want to get rid of?
I promise a lot of fun with my videos :lol:

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 19, 2013 at 11:15:12 am

[Joao Souza] "Does anybody have an old 3D cam or an old 3D conversion lens that want to get rid of?"
Since 3D cameras just came out last year, I doubt you will find an "old" one but you may find an "unwanted" one on eBay that someone bought and decided they didn't like. For the 3D conversion lens, you would have to get one that fits your camera. Why model camcorder do you have? B&H Photo has them starting at $179 USD but I understand they may be a lot more in your country.

I have absolutely no idea how good this is and I assume it's pretty basic but B&H Photo has the Vivitar DVR 790HD 3D Digital Video Recorder for $79.99 USD. Read the customer reviews carefully because it seems like it records one stream that is already Red/Cyan Anaglyph so it may not do what you want. I don't even know if Vegas Pro could process this kind of file. I'm guessing that it cannot. You will get whatever you record in 3D but you probably cannot process it further in post to give it more depth. This is more of a child's toy just to shoot and watch but not edit.

~jr

Return to posts index

Joao Souza
on May 19, 2013 at 12:31:48 pm

Thanks John.
The main problem is I don't have an international creditcard, here they're given to people who works for companies or they keep making a lot of bank transations or to rich people, I'm a guitarist who plays in cover bands and have a home studio,they won't gimme one unless I start work for a company or will fly overseas.
That's why my government sucks in so many levels.
Plus our border tax for electronics is about 60%.
I need to find one here BUT even if I find, it'll cost a lot of money, I can't believe there you guys can buy it for 80 dollars, it's clearly a joke for us LOL
I bought that samsung HMF-F80 which was the only digital HD cam below 900 dollars(yep that spensive), it records in mp4 format, the same format I render my vegas videos, image is good, nothing bad about it for a hobby user.
I'm not a pro, I just want to have fun making videos(3D) for my songs so I won't spend way more than a 1000 dollars for a 3D cam here.

I'll have to continue simulating 3D with vegas, like I said side by side 3D watched on my tv which uses those transparent glasses looks awesome, things get off the screen a little and there's big depth between different plans, the problem is with red/cyan 3D which looks really poor.

Anyway thanks again, soon I'll finish a 3D collaboration video and I'll share it for you guys see what I'm talking about ;)

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 21, 2013 at 12:06:17 pm

[Joao Souza] "The main problem is I don't have an international creditcard, here they're given to people who works for companies or they keep making a lot of bank transations or to rich people"
Joao, if I may ask... where do you live? Feel free to contact me privately if you don't want to post it here. You can get my email from the contacts page of my web site.

~jr

Return to posts index

Joao Souza
on May 21, 2013 at 5:12:21 pm

I'm from Sao Paulo - Brazil ;)

BTW why can't we exchange pms here?
Every forum has a pm box.
Weird.