MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Vegasaur and syncing clips

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grzegorz Kwiatkowski
Vegasaur and syncing clips
on May 15, 2013 at 10:34:45 am

Unfortunately SVegas doesn't recognize time stamps nor timecodes from Canon 5D clips.

So.. for some time I've been looking for solution how to sync Canon 5D clips on timeline basing on "Recorded Date/Time" or "Date Modified".

I nearly jumped when I saw Vegasaur can sort events chronologically on timeline basing on recorded date/time (Quick Properties option) but... it wasn't a long happiness. The clips are just sorted side by side (or with defined intervals) but not placed in their actual point in time. So... this doesn't help in syncing.

This feature would help me and other editors dealing with multicam projects A LOT.

Maybe a script for this is possible?

thanks for help

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
Re: Vegasaur and syncing clips
on May 15, 2013 at 1:40:03 pm

PluralEyes is what you need. It takes your clips from several cameras after you've put them on timelines and then matches up the audio perfectly. When that's done you're video is lined up as well.
I use it all the time for four camera shoots and it works great unless one camera is say for instance a hundred feet away where it doesn't pick up the audio from the rest of the cameras.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on May 15, 2013 at 2:14:55 pm

As Roger pointed out Grzegorz, Plural Eyes should be helpful to you.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index

Grzegorz Kwiatkowski
on May 15, 2013 at 3:07:45 pm

Unfortunately not very much. It isn't helpful when one of the cameras doesn't "hear" audio or is very distant. Some clips are also recorded without audio. It isn't a solution for me.

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
on May 15, 2013 at 4:45:51 pm

Adding a genlock capability to the 5D, from what I've seen in video cameras, is a very expensive proposition. I certainly would not pay the substantial additional cost to obtain it. Without that, I think the whole game revolves around the camera recording some form of audio to allow synchronization. I don't think that an NLE can help very much by trying to use very tenuous things like date and time as set by the user and then provided by the camera.

Return to posts index

Grzegorz Kwiatkowski
on May 16, 2013 at 6:14:15 am

Bob, it is possible.

Of course syncing cameras using date and time isn't the best and the most accurate option but when you have footage from 3 cameras from 3 days, it would help VERY much and organize clips on timeline, so they need just a little manual syncing.

Vegasaur has option of sorting clips chronologically basing on date created but it just puts events side by side.

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on May 17, 2013 at 6:12:18 am

You are right, Vegasaur just sorts your events by various criteria.
Currently, it can not sync your media by file modified/created date, but this feature will be implemented in the next update ;)

Light Leaks Effects | 35mm Film Grain | Stabilize GoPro footage

Return to posts index

Grzegorz Kwiatkowski
on May 17, 2013 at 6:59:20 am

This would be just PERFECT Aleksey! When are you planning the update?

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on May 17, 2013 at 8:41:09 am

I can not say definitely, maybe next month :)

Return to posts index

Aleksey Tarasov
on Jul 1, 2013 at 7:06:15 pm

Vegasaur 1.9 is out!

Return to posts index

Grzegorz Kwiatkowski
on Jul 2, 2013 at 7:05:18 am

Aleksey! The feature seems to work properly! Great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]