MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Won't render -just stays at 0%

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Quinnell
Won't render -just stays at 0%
on Nov 24, 2012 at 9:50:37 pm

Hello
I am trying to render a video I just edited in Sony Vegas pro 9 and it won't render for some reason.
I tried to render it as an mp4 file like I usually do, I go through all the processes as I usually do click render and the render box comes up but nothing really happens. The time elapsed just continues to grow and the estimated time till finished continues to grow but the percentage stays at 0 and the little screen stays black, I left it for 30 minutes and it was still at 0 percent and the time elapsed was at 30 minutes.

I then tried to save it as different files like WMV avi mpg2 and none of these worked either

I then opened up a totally different Vegas project that I had done a few months earlier and the render worked fine.

Does anyone know what is going on with this particular project ? Am I able to fix it or can I move what I have already done in this project in to another new project and render it in there ?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Won't render -just stays at 0%
on Nov 24, 2012 at 11:05:53 pm

There is something specifically wrong with something in that
video, an error or corruption perhaps. Firstly, temporarily disable
all the Video effects/filters you have in the project and see if it
renders.....

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index

Matthew Quinnell
on Nov 24, 2012 at 11:46:29 pm

Great thankful for your reply will try that now

Return to posts index

Matthew Quinnell
on Nov 25, 2012 at 1:10:00 am

No that didn't seem to work.
I hadnt really done too much to the video by way of effects yet.
I did add add some stock footage that I had already rendered in another project.
I might try removing that and see if it works

Return to posts index

Matthew Quinnell
on Nov 25, 2012 at 2:14:20 am

I am at a lost
I decided to re-do the entire thing in a new project so I re imported all the the clips and audio that I needed in a new project, then I started to edit again I got a little ways into it and thought I should at least try and render a portion of what I have already done to see if it will now work but again it didn't , same thing happened as I described befor.also I did not add any effects

I then opened another new project and decided to import each clip that I needed individually and rendered a portion of each clip individually so I could possibly find which one was corrupted but I was able to successfully render all of them.

Could there be another explanation ?
This has only ever happened to me once befor and that was about two years ago on a project that didn't really matter

Return to posts index

Rafael von Hertzen
on Feb 17, 2015 at 5:57:54 pm

Hey,

This thread is so old that this problem probably isn't relevant anymore but, I had the same problem recently and found a fix to it. Figured I'd post this to help anyone still using the old vegas 9, and has this problem. I tried literally everything to fix my video and found that the video wouldn't render because I had a audio track set at -inf desibels so it would be unhearable. I lifted it to the next lowest amount which is -58db and it worked just fine. So if you have this problem and have an audio track at -inf then either delete the whole track or move its audio up to -58db which is practically unhearable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]