MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas Pro 12 - Customize Template

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Lockhart
Sony Vegas Pro 12 - Customize Template
on Oct 13, 2012 at 12:05:09 am

Hi all

I just downloaded the trial for Sony Vegas Pro 12; I plan to purchase in a couple of weeks.

I am working in 3D video and want to render a .mp4 file and need to customize a template. When I choose a template, click on the customize template button and click on the system tab, the Format drop down box is greyed out. When I was using the Movie Studio 12 Platinum trial, the drop down box wasn't greyed out and I could select .mp4. Anyone know how I can change the format to .mp4 in Vegas Pro?

Gary

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 12 - Customize Template
on Oct 13, 2012 at 6:58:51 am

Hi,
the new 'Render As' window confused me for a while (easily done :-( )
try:
Render As
Name your file (in output file)
check or uncheck 'match project settings) as required (if you selected to match media earlier by matching project settings you should get a better result but you need to customize then uncheck that box.
click on the codec you want (e.g. MainConcept AVC/AVC), i.e. the little arrow on the left will be pointing right, it should come down and reveal the other options.
select the 'star' you want.
scroll down and you will see the 'Customize Template' button. Then you will be back on familiar territory.

I think you can do everything you used to be able to do; it has just been moved around a bit, improved :-)

mark

Return to posts index

Gary Lockhart
on Oct 13, 2012 at 10:30:22 am

Mark

I have followed your instructions to the letter, but I still can't change the file format on the SYSTEM tab; it is greyed out. I'd like to change the file format from m2ts to mp4, but I can't. I was able to do it in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12. I wonder if this is a limitation of the trial?

Gary

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on Oct 13, 2012 at 3:19:02 pm

Hi,
I should have read your post more closely than I did.
I set a project up with 3d (stereoscopic mode?). I selected the MainConcept AVC/AAC format and I was able to select mp4 format.

if that doesn't work I'm running out suggestions. Post the exact details of how you set up project.
mark

Return to posts index

Gary Lockhart
on Oct 13, 2012 at 3:24:15 pm

Hi

I can edit the MainConcept template but not the Sony avc/mvc templates.
The Sony templates provide better quality by far.

Gary

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Oct 15, 2012 at 7:09:52 am

Yes, i too prefer using the Sony AVC format.
Try reinstalling Vegas.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Film Editor & Compositor.
Filmex Creative Media.
1-876-832-4956

Return to posts index

Gary Lockhart
on Oct 15, 2012 at 2:32:10 pm

Hi Steve

I installed and reinstalled multiple times. No change.
I have since uninstalled the software and have decided not to purchase it. I don't feel like beta testing Vegas.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Gary

Return to posts index

Gary Lockhart
on Oct 15, 2012 at 3:24:18 pm

Ok, I am giving it one last try. I have reinstalled the trial and have the same problem. I contacted Sony support and will wait for a reply.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]