MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Play Misty for me..

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Edwards
Play Misty for me..
on Jul 30, 2012 at 10:56:43 am

Vegas 11's previewing of HD recordings is laggy despite my i7 920 / 12Gb RAM and quick GPUs: I understand this and have become adept at editing in a mist.

Latterly I have been experimenting with 3D stereoscopic recordings. This doubles the HD - now a thick fog swirls slowly across my preview.

Along comes a two camera shoot: 3D multicamera mode in 1920 x 1080 and the weather is taking a turn for the worse.. this doesn’t look feasible.

In desperation for a half-way reasonable view of what I am editing I have looked at Avid MC6 (software only) which initially appears to run faster but doesn't really and in any case I find it rather user hostile.

I have looked at Neoscene but dread the Gbs of transfers, Tbs of storage and need to add back audio. It doesn’t appear to cope straightforwardly with 3D.

Rumour has it that the 3D fad will be superseded by 4K consumer TVs.. there’s never a Cray supercomputer around when you need one, is there?

Thoughts on improving preview performance would be welcome..

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Play Misty for me..
on Jul 30, 2012 at 12:46:18 pm

If the GeForce 8600GT is the card you're still using, it doesn't appear anywhere on the Sony site as being a supported one so my guess is that's your main problem.
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro/gpuacceleration
Try disabling GPU and see if that helps at all.
Note: even though I have it, I'm not a Pro 11 user yet due to all the reported issues.

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
on Jul 30, 2012 at 4:35:56 pm

Hi Mike: thanks, you could well be right. I clearly haven't yet thrown enough money at the problem..

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jul 30, 2012 at 5:17:27 pm

Good luck Dave. As I recall, the GTX 560/570/580 models seem to well liked these days.

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Aug 3, 2012 at 3:30:33 am

I am running a i7 970 + GTX 570. Still laggy, but bearable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]