MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Deleting between in and out points easily

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Angle
Deleting between in and out points easily
on Jun 23, 2012 at 8:08:11 pm

Here's the scenario. There are five clips on the timeline and you are navigating using JKL. So you set an in point halfway into clip two by hitting "i" on the keyboard. You navigate forward in the timeline. You set the out point halway into clip four by hitting "o" on the keyboard. The looped region is then highlighted in grey between the two yellow in and out points, right? How would one, with the keyboard, go about deleting all unlocked events in the timeline that fall between the in and out points?

The logical answer to this would be to simply hit the delete key. However, with Vegas 11, I can't figure out how to accomplish this without getting the mouse involved and adding two additional steps.

The mouse must first be used to select clips 2,3 and 4. And then the hightlighted looped region must be double clicked (or hit "shift q" to select the unlocked events below to be deleted.

Am I missing something? Is there not a more efficient way to do this common task in Vegas? Just an in, an out and a delete? I just find it sort of surprising that so many steps must be done to do such a common task. I come from a FCP v1-7 background where the delete key would delete between the i/o points and a shift delete would delete and "rippple" the following footage back. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks all.

Return to posts index

Matt Crowley
Re: Deleting between in and out points easily
on Jun 23, 2012 at 8:28:13 pm

In Movie Studio 10 (and presumably Vegas Pro 10 and later), you can set your in/out points as you described (or by dragging in empty space on the timeline), then select the loop region by either pressing Shift+Q or double-clicking the loop region header above the ruler, then pressing Delete.

There's no need to select the events themselves. In fact, you need to deselect all events first, otherwise only the selected event(s) gets affected.

That's still a bit cumbersome compared to your description of FCP... but there's only one more keypress (Shift+Q) in Vegas.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]