MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Render with quality in HD

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eduardo Mantovani
Render with quality in HD
on May 21, 2012 at 3:05:40 pm

I just wondering how to restore dvd video and render with very good quality in sony vegas, i just using neat video and others plugins, i used boris uprz to upscaling to 720p, but i saw some pixels, i really want a clean and very good image that i saw trough in youtube, how they do? Like bjork or radiohead stuff like this

or radiohead:

if you know how to do this with this quality please teach me!! than you so much for while!

Return to posts index

Paul Belter
Re: Render with quality in HD
on May 22, 2012 at 9:20:43 am

when you up-scale or down-scale you add/remove pixels using algorithms. up-scaling you are adding data which was not present in the original. algorithm doesn't know that this was the face and what it should look like. All are just pixels. This is why up/down-scaled image or video may still look acceptable but it is physically impossible it could contain more details or look better than original. what was not present in the original will not magically reveal in the modified video unless you paint on it. this is why you should always aim your target. if you plan to make a dvd only - what is the use of shooting full hd?

Return to posts index

Eduardo Mantovani
on May 22, 2012 at 2:10:26 pm

Yes Paul agree with you, but mpeg2 it is a lossy codec too and you loose alot information as well, so nothing to do about it...

Return to posts index

Paul Belter
on May 22, 2012 at 3:01:04 pm

true. that is why mpg are usually final files. but if i leave for myself a master file rendered with mpeg2 / hd / 50 Mbpsor even 25, and i cut out takes from it for another project, believe me - no one will know that this is the second generation...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]