MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

What format is best quality to render out a chroma clip to then bring back into the project - rendered

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Cobble
What format is best quality to render out a chroma clip to then bring back into the project - rendered
on Nov 9, 2011 at 6:34:05 pm

I have multiple Chroma Key shots I need to render out and then bring back into the project - rendered - which in turn will re render on the final project render - Trying to keep the highest quality for final render.
Original footage : mp4 1920x1080 30P (ex1 camera)
I converted these to MXF files through clip browser. I use the MXF with chroma key and need to render out and then drop in another project in a format as lossless as possible?

Any Suggestions: I have Cineform HD? MXF? MP4? other???
Thank U for a lttle help

PC
I7 2.8 Ghz 8GB Ram
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
PNY Quadro 4000

3-4 TB HD
Vegas 10 64bit & Vegas 11 64Bit & Adobe Production Premium CS5.5

Camera
Sony EX1 shoot in 1920x1080 30P

Return to posts index

Jeremy Rasnic
Re: What format is best quality to render out a chroma clip to then bring back into the project - rendered
on Nov 10, 2011 at 3:03:06 am

Uncompressed AVI will be your best bet... but you will need a lot of hard drive space- especially if they are large clips.

j razz

http://www.jrazzcreations.com

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: What format is best quality to render out a chroma clip to then bring back into the project - rendered
on Nov 10, 2011 at 11:33:31 am

I would use CineForm for this. In fact, this is the only reason I use CineForm these days (i.e., to export from Vegas into a 3rd part app and back again). It uses 4:2:2 chroma sampling, is visually lossless, and holds up very well to multiple renders.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

mike calla
on Nov 10, 2011 at 12:56:03 pm

i use cineform as well.

However, i use to use uncompressed .avi a lot, there's certain setting you must toggle on and off when you select it to render, i can't remember what it is. Anyone?

Oh and something to add, in the properties of your event under the media tab, change the alpha channel.

Return to posts index

Danny Hays
on Nov 10, 2011 at 6:13:06 pm

If you want to place several keyed clips in one movie, I save as AVI, Default template uncompressed, custom and check render alpha channel. Then after putting these clips back on the timeline top trcks, right click on each, propoerties, media, alpha channel,and select straight (unmatted) to make Vegas see the alpha channel. then crop with event pan and crop, resize and position each with track motion. Hope this helps, Danny Hays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]