MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Movie Studio HD will not open anymore

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Danilowicz
Movie Studio HD will not open anymore
on Nov 7, 2011 at 12:16:50 am

Hello there. I have been using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite for a few weeks now. It crashed and shut down once and a while but overall it wasn't too bad. I updated it a few days ago and it seemed better.

However, I can not even open it now. I reinstalled it and it still won't open. I tried opening up one of my projects and it will not load 100 percent.

What can I do to fix my program? I have some projects I really want to work on that I spent a lot of time with already.

Thanks,
Michael

Return to posts index

Frederic Baumann
Re: Movie Studio HD will not open anymore
on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:38:34 pm

Hi,

Which version do you have? 10? 11? other?

Did you have a look at the LOG files located in a directory like:

C:/Users/[you]/AppData/Local/Sony/Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum/10.0

These LOG files usually contain useful information about the reason of the crash.

Please let me know what you find there...
Hope this helps,
Frederic

--

Want to Match Colors between clips? new plug-in here.
Check GPU-powered FBmn Software plug-ins to fix White Balance and Exposure issues.

Want to learn on Sony Vegas Event Pan/Crop tool? Watch my tutorial.
Or about Keyframes? Watch this one. French version here.

Return to posts index

Michael Danilowicz
on Nov 9, 2011 at 12:29:34 am

I have 11.

I checked out those logs but don't know what to look for.

I booted my computer in safe mode and the program does run and the best part is my project is there. However, I can't work with it in safe mode.

Return to posts index

Michael Danilowicz
on Nov 10, 2011 at 4:02:19 am

Any help? I have been so upset that I can not work on my project. :(

Return to posts index

Alex Bennett
on Nov 30, 2011 at 5:14:52 pm

I had this problem some while ago. After spending a lot of time with the Sony Help line, including reporting file errors etc, I resolved the problem by restoring my computing, going back to a restore point that allowed the program to open. You will not lose any data files, video clips etc by doing this, but you may have to reinstall any other programs which were installed after the Restore Point used, plus windows updates etc.

Return to posts index

Onemena Ofurhie
on Nov 19, 2012 at 8:16:58 pm

I had a similar Problem but I fixed it.

When I opened the program, the splash screen would load and would freeze on "Opening Windows..." written on the splash screen.

It turns out the behind this splash screen was an error message that was telling me that Movie Studio Vegas was unable to find a folder I deleted.

So I simply ALT+TAB until the error message showed in front of the splash screen. And I was able to close it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]