MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

deflickering problem with virtuadub's msu delicker

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lars hansen
deflickering problem with virtuadub's msu delicker
on Oct 18, 2011 at 10:52:36 pm

I have a small problem with virtualdub's msu deflicker plug-in that I've tried to resolve using the built in settings in multiple ways and seem to have have come to a dead end...

Basically, the resulting rendered video, while deflickered nicely, is jerky. It plays evenly for a number of frames then pauses for a split second, then moves on pausing again after a similar time-frame, repeating this sequence all through the clip.

I know that folks have had success with this program and plug-in (see: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/24/888486), but not sure why it's not working for me?...

Does anyone have experience with this software that may be able to help?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Matt Crowley
Re: deflickering problem with virtuadub's msu delicker
on Nov 18, 2011 at 9:06:06 pm

What codec did you use when saving the video out of Virtualdub? If you used "Uncompressed", then you will end up with a huge file which might not play smoothly simply because it can't be read from disk quickly enough. Try one of the edit-friendly codecs like Cineform (if you have it), MJPEG, Lagarith, HuffYUV...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]