MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas Pro 10 crashes while editing

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Osmar Velasquez
Sony Vegas Pro 10 crashes while editing
on Jul 14, 2011 at 4:27:01 pm

Hi guys :), just wondering if someone could help me with my problem

Ok, so i got a computer with i7 2600k and 16 gb of corsair vengeance ram

Now the problem is, sony vegas crashes while im editing constantly, ive tried a couple fixes i saw around...

-reduced max rendering threads to 4 (was at 16)
-disabled ''enable no-recompress lon-gop rendering''
- I even tried the fix with CFF explorer, changing some files to be able to handle more than 2 gig of memory (even thought most of the files i had to change already had that option enabled)

I really dont know whats the problem, now, the other thing is, i got a friends who is using sony vegas 8 with a core2duo and 2 gigs of ram, that can edit videos that came from the same camera im using and it never crashes !!...

i dont know what can i do, thanks :)

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
Re: Sony Vegas Pro 10 crashes while editing
on Jul 14, 2011 at 9:51:32 pm

"Crash" is an extremely broad term. Describe how the "crash" presents. What O/S are you running? Exactly *what* were you doing when Windows crashed? Does it occur predictably at the same point in your media or following the same steps?

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

Osmar Velasquez
on Jul 15, 2011 at 4:50:35 am

Im on windows 7 64 bit, it crashes randomly while editing, no specific point...

By crash i mean, ''sony vegas stopped working message thing...''

Return to posts index

Jim Greene
on Jul 15, 2011 at 6:48:47 pm

Some people have had great experiences with SVP10, and others have had some issues (when compared to SVP8). For me, SVP8 rarely crashed, version 10 more so. The key seems to be from the undo stack. I tend to have 2-3 projects open at a time to copy/paste between them, and sometimes an undo, especially after an audio plugin change, will cause a crash. Save your projects often...

-Jim.

Return to posts index

Nigel O'Neill
on Jul 16, 2011 at 1:17:36 am

I typically get the 'Sony Vegas has stopped responding' message when scrubbing on the timeline.

It may have died on me once when using Protitler.

I frequently save. Ctrl-S is a very useful keystroke combination :-).

My system specs: Intel i7 970, 12GB RAM, ASUS P6T, Vegas Pro 10 (x32/x64), Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Vegas Production Assistant 1.0, VASST Ultimate S Pro 4.1, Neat Video Pro 2.6

Return to posts index

Roaan Terblanche
on Oct 14, 2011 at 1:36:19 pm

Hope this is not to late.

Had same issue when using i7 2600. Hold in Shift and Ctrl when clicking Prefrences... this will enable an hidden tab called Internal.

Search "Enable multi-core rendering for playback". change from True to False.

This should sort you out

Return to posts index

Axxo Shuffler
on Nov 12, 2011 at 5:27:14 am

Hello I am having three issues with Sony Vegas Pro 11, when I edit my videos I noticed that vegas will freeze around 12-25k frame rates & vegas will give me a error such as "Vegas stopped responding".that's the error message I get within vegas before I manually shut down the program . Also when rendering my projects sometimes, I'll edit a 14 min clip & the project will stop at around 50% rendering, then the screen goes black but the counter keeps ticking for when the rendering project will be done ? Last but least, vegas is using way to much memory now . I made a dance video that was 2 minutes of length & used 610MB!??! I made a video that was 3:59 length with sony vegas pro 9 back in the summer of 2011 with more effects / editing & the file came out to be only 164MB??? How is that possible??? PLEASE I am in dire help with these issues.. I'm running Windows Vista SP2 4GB Ram with 2TB external Dell studio 540 intel core2 Duo 64Bit OS..I used 64Bit version of Sony Vegas Pro 9 & am using the 64Bit version for Sony Vegas Pro 11 now. Any help on resolving these 3 main issues would be GREATLY appreciated ! :)

Return to posts index

Joe Mizera
on Nov 12, 2011 at 5:03:14 pm

Sigh..... I had hoped that Sony had finally corrected the stability problems with Vegas as of version 11. Apparently, they did not. I'm using version 9, and was actually considering upgrading. Until I'm convinced they've taken care of these issues, why bother?

Having seen countless "stopped responding" messages, and more cases of freezing during a render as the counter ticks away, I have found two things that seem to help reduce this a bit. One is to avoid nesting projects. Much as I had welcomed this feature, and it seemed to work ok with SD, it almost guarantees a crash with AVCHD source video.

I stumbled across one workaround that has actually saved the bacon a few times, and might help you in this case. Do a "ctrl A" and select everything on the timeline. Open a new instance of Vegas, and paste the content, or do "ctrl V". This has worked a good number of times for me, and I was finally able to render the project.

Return to posts index

Axxo Shuffler
on Nov 12, 2011 at 7:12:46 pm

Thank you for the tips man :). I dislike how unstable vegas pro 11 / 10 are its just insane & very frustrating cause my Adobe After Effects CS5.5 with Twitch Plug-in / action essentials 2, Photoshop CS5.1, film burns all work perfectly smooth . Is Sony just like rushing their work ? It seems like they don't even care to review over the major glitches in sony vegas in general ..It's just retarded for something that cost 600 friggin bucks and you think it would top notch for a price that I could get making a custom PC! Lol, I have however tried that method buuut I am looking more for a solution that can fix the sony vegas pro 11 for good & not have to do a whole bunch of back bending just to edit a new project each time =( .

Return to posts index

Conny Schneider
on Apr 27, 2012 at 12:52:03 pm

Hello,

where can I find the 'enable multi-core rendering for playback' button?

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]