MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Project settings Sony Vegas 9.0?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Frame
Project settings Sony Vegas 9.0?
on Dec 27, 2010 at 6:55:33 am

Hi,
I have an Canon HV20 and I shot in HDV 24p. I suppose that because my laptop lacks the juice to capture in HDV that Sony Vegas 9.0 does not allow me to do so. When I choose 'HDV or SDI' in the 'choose a video capture format' it does not recognize the device. However, it will recognize it when I set it to 'DV.' Anyways, I am more than happy to import the standard SD DV footage (I know it would be a sluggish hell to edit HD on my laptop) but I am a little confused as to what I should set the project settings to. Would it now be downgraded to 720X480, 29.9 even though I shot HD in 24? I am going to be cutting the footage to be eventually uploaded to YT and would like it too look as decent as possible given the obvious downgrade from HD to SD. So, if anybody could be kind enough to please let me know what the project settings should be at and also give me some advice as to what the render settings could be for a high quality render that comes in at less than 200mb per 1 minute of footage, that would be great.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
Re: Project settings Sony Vegas 9.0?
on Dec 27, 2010 at 2:54:13 pm

[Matt Frame] "When I choose 'HDV or SDI' in the 'choose a video capture format' it does not recognize the device. However, it will recognize it when I set it to 'DV.' "
I would guess that your camera is in DV Downconvert mode if it is being recognised as DV. If you switch your camera to HDV output mode it should be recognized as HDV. I don't have a Canon camera (only Sony) so I don't know what setting on the camera to change but on the Sony cameras they have an i.Link Downconvert that is either On or Off. When On it is DV and when Off it is HDV.

Make sure that Windows recognises your camera as HDV when plugged in via the firewire cable. If Windows can't see it, Vegas won't see it either.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]