MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Vegas Pro 8.0 won't accept UNCOMPRESSED AVI files

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Kasriel
Vegas Pro 8.0 won't accept UNCOMPRESSED AVI files
on Dec 2, 2010 at 2:51:31 pm

I've read the other posts regarding the problems people have had trying to get Vegas to recognise AVI files which use particular codecs.

However, in my case, Vegas won't accept (i.e will not display or allow editing of) an AVI file which is uncompressed i.e. I used no codec to render it. (I did not compress it as I like to keep things as pristine as possible until the final rendering of a film, at which point I do use codecs).

The file , about 2 GB, was rendered in Cyblerlink Power Director 8 as a WINDOWS-AVI file with no compression. Lesser packages, e.g. Magix Movie Maker Pro 15 and Adobe Premiere Elements 1.0 both handle this file fine. Shouldn't Vegas be abvle to handle something so generic as an uncompressed AVI file?

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Vegas Pro 8.0 won't accept UNCOMPRESSED AVI files
on Dec 2, 2010 at 3:03:47 pm

There are two options in Vegas under Options > Preferences > general that you can try enabling (only one at a time please) to see if they help.
The first is Use Microsoft DV codec and the second is Strictly conform to AVI2 specification.
My guess is that enabling one of these (probably the latter) will solve your problem.

Return to posts index

Ken Kasriel
Re: Vegas Pro 8.0 won't accept UNCOMPRESSED AVI files
on Dec 2, 2010 at 3:12:52 pm

Thank you Mike, I will give it a try this evening and report back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]