MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Basics Forum Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Black Screen Preview - Clip Problem

COW Forums : MAGIX Vegas

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will TurnerBlack Screen Preview - Clip Problem
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 4:33:07 am

I recorded these 4 clips usign a screen recorder and converted them to .avi in order to edit them using Sony Vegas Movie Studio 8. However, when I preview the clips the first like 10% of the clips is played (and i say 10% because on my 10 second clip its like a second and on my one that is a few minutes it is about 30seconds) - it previews perfectly for that amount of time and then the preview screen just goes black.
When I view those files in windows media player/VLC it plays the whole clip through with video. No its not anything simple like tracks muted...

Help A.S.A.P. would be appreciated

Return to posts index

tom edwardsRe: Black Screen Preview - Clip Problem
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 3:20:11 pm

curious if you have tried to render the area that goes black.
i had this problem in "preview" -- and discovered it was related to the great amount of cpu strength vegas was using up. when i rendered that area, it rendered fine.
my solution was (and is) to shut down all other non-essential processes when i run vegas (even my anti-virus).
hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Frederic BaumannRe: Black Screen Preview - Clip Problem
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 7:10:07 pm

I sometime have similar problems after having used Studio Platinum 10 HD for a while in the same session: some parts of the movie are previewed as black. The way I fix it is to save the project, close Studio and restart it.

Could you try the following:
- launch Vegas
- open your project
- locate the cursor to the middle of the movie
- launch the preview from the middle of the movie

-> does the preview shows as black screen? or does it shows correctly?

If it shows up correctly, it might mean that Vegas is not yet out of memory -- which would happen if you start to preview from the beginning.

In that case, it might mean that you don't have enough RAM (but I am not quite sure about this diagnostic)

Hope this helps...

Return to posts index

Will TurnerRe: Black Screen Preview - Clip Problem
by on Aug 12, 2010 at 5:04:12 am

nah I have heaps of RAM, it was definitely a clip problem. It was an .avi file, which usually works.... and should work, but i converted it to .wmv and it worked fine. not sure what was wrong but its fixed now..

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved