MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

No license with purhcase

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Putnam
No license with purhcase
on Jun 15, 2010 at 5:25:57 pm

With a fresh purchase of download vegas-9 I haven't seen anything about
a License number. I made the purchase downloaded the software but have not yet installed it.

Shouldn't I have seen something about a license number by now?

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: No license with purhcase
on Jun 15, 2010 at 5:56:05 pm

You should have received an email confirming your purchase.
Listed in that email is the software you purchased as well as the serial number.
On the Sony site, go to "My Account - My Software" and you'll get a listing of everything you've ever purchased and registered with them along with more serial numbers.

Return to posts index

Harry Putnam
on Jun 15, 2010 at 6:24:45 pm

> You should have received an email confirming your purchase.
> Listed in that email is the software you purchased as well as the serial number.
> On the Sony site, go to "My Account - My Software" and you'll get a listing of everything you've ever purchased and registered with them along with more serial numbers.

None of this is working... I thought maybe my isp was blocking messages but I can see nothing has come thru, blocked or otherwise.

Getting into the site is proving a non-starter too. I have a record of my UID and password... they don't work... Attempting to have a new password sent... doesn't either... I'm asked two questions I've never seen before... and that cannot have answers. For example it asks for my youngest siblings middle name...

I have no youngest sibling.

Getting hold of them is a pain too and burning up way too much time.

Any suggestions that will expedite my ability to actually use my purchase? And what kind of none-sense is it anyway, not having the license number available as part of the purchase?

Return to posts index

Harry Putnam
on Jun 15, 2010 at 6:34:36 pm

> None of this is working... I thought maybe my isp was blocking messages but I can see nothing has come thru, blocked or otherwise.

They finally did send me a password reset... Logged in and looked up my software, of course Vegas 9 is not listed there... Instead there is a section where I offered to pay for it.

Something is really wrong here

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jun 15, 2010 at 7:47:48 pm

Looks like it's time to call Customer Service.

US, Canada, and the US Virgin Islands:
English language service
800.577.6642 (toll free)
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday

European Locations:
United Kingdom: 0800 028 1475 (toll free)
France: 0805540331 (toll free)
Germany: 0800 0006511 (toll free)
Switzerland: 0800 563636 (toll free)
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday

Return to posts index

Harry Putnam
on Jun 16, 2010 at 3:58:17 am

> Looks like it's time to call Customer Service.

I should report that in spite of my doubts and distaste for having to call customer service... It was actually quite painless.

First I got a tape recording that told me they were experiencing unusually heavy call load and might want to call back another time.

I hung on anyway, and pushed the selection for sales.

In less than 1 minute I had a live tech who spoke english with an american accent.

He tried mailing me the license, but it failed again.

Finally he posted my license mail on a my sony account on line.

I thought that was pretty resourceful of him. But then too, why don't they just print the license number with your receipt when you finish the purchase?

Some software vendors do that.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mann
on Jun 17, 2010 at 3:17:02 am

"I thought that was pretty resourceful of him. But then too, why don't they just print the license number with your receipt when you finish the purchase?

Some software vendors do that."

Probably because hiccups (like yours) in the existing process are exceptionally rare. If more people experienced problems registering their purchases from SCS, then they would likely explore other options.

Steve Mann
MannMade Digital Video
http://www.mmdv.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]