MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Vegas 8.0c not merging subclips with names intact

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Matthews
Vegas 8.0c not merging subclips with names intact
on Oct 9, 2009 at 11:56:33 pm

Hi, I'm running Vegas 8.0c Pro (under XP SP3) and am merging subclips/media bins for the first time.

Now I've done nested timelines before, I understand how to copy/paste between projects, but what I need is to copy subclip/Media Bin information between projects. I have a bunch of subclips that need moving over.

The subclips transfer over, but for some reason they are named under a new naming system, along the lines of 'Original Video Tape Name.avi - subclip [x]' where [x] numbers each consecutive subclip. I named each subclip 'Ceremony - Beginning' etc in the original veg file.

Now I've tried copying over the subclips in different veg's, then in a brand new project, and each time I get the 'subclip [x]' naming system. Obviously this makes dealing with subclips impossible!

For backstory, while editing today I noticed a bunch of subclips had disappeared, and noticed a backup .veg I made yesterday that still had the subclip data. Not sure why the subclips disappeared, as the rest of the project is fine. Can't just go back to using the old .veg, since I've done a lot of work since then. All I need is the subclip info from the old project.

Thanks for the help! Very appreciated.

Roger Matthews

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]