MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Render to YouTube HD (rendering 2 times problem!)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emil Niemi
Render to YouTube HD (rendering 2 times problem!)
on Sep 14, 2009 at 7:50:01 pm

Hi there! I was see this video @ YouTube

A nice tutorial how you're rendering HD videos for YouTube the best way in Sony Vegas.
So i was do that settings and i was creating my video.. But now i got a strange problem which didn't happend the first try i did when render to HD.

This problem is that when the rendering stands on 50%, its also done! I saw it myself and i pressed Cancel to hope that it will save down (as it does in After Effects that i'm using sometimes), badly it didn't save.

So i tried to make that yellow mark thing, the loop and put it in the beginning to see if it is really double rendering, and yes, it was on 50% when the render actually would be done, and it was render again.

When the MP4 file was done i was look at it, but there wasn't playing twice, it looked like it would only been render 1 time!

So my question is why does it render 2 times!? What can be wrong? I also could render it once before, but now it needs twice! (and as i said before to remember you, i tried make a movie with HD and rendered it out, and it didn't render it twice.. and after that time what i know, i haven't change any render settings).

My movie is also about 3min long, takes 30 minutes for the 1st render, and 30 min for the 2nd =/ so total over 1 hour.

Return to posts index

Emil Niemi
Re: Render to YouTube HD (rendering 2 times problem!)
on Sep 15, 2009 at 6:07:56 am

Hum what? I don't know if i explained bad, but the problem is in Sony Vegas for me (but then idk if the tutorial worked for you)..

But also, i found out the problem in the settings, you know when pressing Render as button and then on customize, then its a options you should had on Best there, but on Video tab there down, its more settings.. And there down its a button named "Two" and something more.. its a checkbox which the guy in the tutorial checked (but he accidently un-checked it on hes tutorial, so try check the tutorial and you'll see which one i mean).

I tried untick it yesterday for testing my 5 secounds movie i did fast for see if i could make it only render once.
And it worked!

But i wonder, will it be bader quality if i not have that checkbox ticket in!? What does that button also doing?

If not understanding me, tell me and today when i come home i can take screenshoots etc what i mean.

Return to posts index

odd magne nilsen
on Sep 15, 2009 at 8:00:32 am

Unhook "2-pass", for youtube use CBR 4000000, MP4

odd magne nilsen

Return to posts index

Emil Niemi
on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:55:20 pm

What is CBR then? Constant Bit Rate? But can you tell different behind that and this option i have? is rly the other you saying better? (also Constant bit rate) ;s

Return to posts index

David Shirey
on Sep 17, 2009 at 7:36:13 pm

Yes, CBR is constant bitrate. Variable bit rate (along with 2-pass) are options you can use when you're trying to squeeze the most quality out of your compression. If you're uploading an HD video to youtube, then once it's uploaded youtube will recompress anyway. Using 4mbps Constant bit rate like odd magne said will ensure you have a great quality video that youtube can then recompress. Any benefits gained by using 2-pass VBR will not be apparent once youtube recompresses everything, so don't worry about it.

Return to posts index

odd magne nilsen
on Sep 15, 2009 at 4:31:47 pm

Use VBR & 2-pass if a DVD will be longer than 90 minutes. DVDArchitect templates are VBR.

Otherwise use CBR 6900000-8000000 mbps.

Also CBR 4-5000000 mbps MP4 if youtube upload.

odd magne nilsen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]