MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Sony Vegas Freezes 'Creating windows'

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BRandon Kajiki
Sony Vegas Freezes 'Creating windows'
on Jun 6, 2009 at 12:40:33 am

Hello Commuinty,

I've been using Sony Vegas for a quite a while now; and I have never ran into such a complex, but simple error with Sony vegas, or quite possibly my hardware.

I have searched online constantly with many different queries containing my problem, and I found some useful idea's of what it could be.

One for example was to change your hardware accelerator down to low, I did that and it actually worked, but I wanted to do some more troubleshooting, and for some reason it didn't do it anymore. So I've only gotten lucky with that once.

I deleted my anti-spyware softwares, that didn't help. I re-installed un-installed clear the registry anything I could think of that went along the lines as of basic trouble shooting. Un-installed software that I recently downloaded etc...

So I'm thinking my Graphic card possibly could be the reason, but I don't see how or why, since I bought this GFX card four months ago and Vegas opened properly with this graphic's card.

Here is my basic run down of my Computer Peripherals:

Dell Dimesion DXP051
1GB RAM
DUO Core
XFX Nvida 9600 GSO

If anyone has the slightest clue of what could be causing this, your troubleshooting will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Brandon

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Sony Vegas Freezes 'Creating windows'
on Jun 6, 2009 at 2:19:31 am

What do you mean by 'creating windows'?
What kind of footage (i.e. SD, HDV, AVCHD) are you trying to edit?

Return to posts index

BRandon Kajiki
on Jun 6, 2009 at 2:52:48 am

No No on the splash start up logo, when it runs through the initializing process at the very end it says "creating windows" it crashes right there, and stays on the splash page.

I've kept my task manager open to see what happens during the process, and as soon as it loads to the "creating windows" Sony then hangs...

Return to posts index

BRandon Kajiki
on Jun 6, 2009 at 8:02:20 pm

Ok so, I have a bit of an update; I just installed a couple of updates from microsoft (.netframe update) and as soon as I restarted, and tried opening Sony, it worked only once, as soon as I closed it and tried to re-open it did not open again, it froze.

I did notice, there was a small internet explorer window popped up when I first opened up Sony after the update and it seemed like a broken link.

If this helps at all, I vaguely remember when this problem started happening before I opened Vegas a small window opened asking me some question I know it had to do with the sony starting internet explorer; I always clicked no, but accidentally this one time I hit yes...is there a way to disable this through programfiles/sony?

Return to posts index

BRandon Kajiki
on Jun 6, 2009 at 10:32:05 pm

Update:

I just installed a couple of microsoft updates, and as soon as I did that; I restarted, and Sony Vegas worked, and opened. Well I closed it and reopened and behold it froze at the main splash logo again, but I noticed when it worked after I did the update a small window opened with a broken link in internet explorer, before all this "Freezing and locking" started happening I remember clicking yes on a window that popped up asking if I want sony to open up internet explorer or something after starting up sony, is there a way to possibly disable this through Programfiles?

Much help will be appreciated.

Brandon

Return to posts index

BRandon Kajiki
on Jun 7, 2009 at 9:07:22 pm

Does any one know the solution to this?

Return to posts index

BRandon Kajiki
on Jun 10, 2009 at 11:06:38 pm

Update: Ok, well I figured out a solution to fix this. If anyone ever comes along with this trouble please read:

I've managed to figure a way to make Sony Vegas work if it crashes on 'Creating Windows' on the splash logo.

1)Run Task Manager before Opening Vegas
2)Open Sony Vegas
3)After opening Sony Vegas watch the loading bar, Just before it loads on "creating windows" it should say "Initializing User Interface". Click End now in task manager. Sony Vegas UI will then open, and the splash logo will disappear.

I know this is not a reasonable solution, but it works 150% of the time. I'll update with a solution that fixes the problem if it happens to fall on my lap.

Note: This will only work if Sony Vegas is crashing upon opening windows.

Return to posts index

Duane Francis
on Jul 16, 2009 at 6:29:32 pm

I've been having the same problem with Movie Studio 6 and 7 Pro, for about the past 8 months. Before that, both had been trouble-free for several years. I've found a few dozen forums threads on this problem here and elsewhere, going back to 2004 or so, from people using every version of Sony Vegas from at least 4 through 9. But none of them seems to come to a real solution.

For what it's worth, I discovered that the programs do start up if I wait long enough - usually between 10 and 15 minutes. It also happens (for me) only on the first startup after booting the computer. From then on, I can exit and restart either program in the blink of an eye. Turning off my anti-virus seems to make the process somewhat quicker. Also, Sony does have a customer support page on the problem as it relates to the "Studio" products, with about a dozen suggested solutions:

http://www.custcenter.com/cgi-bin/sonypictures.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?...

I just found that page yesterday, and haven't had time to work through the suggestions.

I have a faint, sneaking suspicion that this is caused by a conflict with something included in an update of the .NET Framework from Microsoft. It started for me after I had not used either version of Vegas for about ten days, and those updates from Microsoft were the only things I can think of that had been changed or added during that period. But that's just a guess, and I doubt that it would explain the behavior others were experiencing in 2004.

Return to posts index

doug chunks
on Aug 23, 2009 at 1:14:52 pm

my sony vegas is hasing the same problem! ive had sony 8 for a while then i stopped using it for like a month and it crahses upon creating window and i redownloaded it and still didnt work then i down,oaded 9 and it crashed too. need a solution!

Return to posts index

naga kihri
on Apr 19, 2010 at 1:27:37 am

i know what causes this and how to fix it. what causes this problem is the vegas file explorer. you should never add a folder on an external drive to your "favorites" in vegas explorer. if you happen to do this, then start vegas without having the drive connected, it will crashing on the "creating windows" initialization dialogue.
this same problem can be caused by an iso. if you mount an iso or bin or cue file, as a drive using "magic disc" or a similar program,then add a drive from the disc to your favorites, any time you start vegas without the drive mounted,it will crash on the "creating windows" dialogue. there is one way to avoid this. only use dedicated windows folders as "favorites". if not, you'll have to mount your external "favorites" drive, before you launch vegas. every time. even if youre starting a new project, or else vegas will crash. the only real fix for this is to go to folder options and check the box called, "show hidden files". then go to C:\Documents and Settings\*username\Application Data\Sony\Vegas Pro\9.0 and delete the ExplorerFavorites.txt file. this initializes the vegas file explorer removing the "favorites". it doesnt cause you to lose any actual files. it just resets the vegas explorer so it doesnt search for those offline favorites when it launches. in the future, be sure to USE DEDICATED FOLDERS ONLY, for favorites. otherwise you may have this problem again. peace

Return to posts index

Bill Sparks
on Aug 6, 2010 at 4:40:14 pm

Thank you. Deleting the Explorer Favorites text file fixed the problem.

Return to posts index

Stephen Mills
on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:02:50 pm

I just had this issue and realized I had sent a folder to the trash bin that was one of my Vegas "Favorites." I went to trash an restored and seems to work fine now.

I recall having this issue with the Favorites feature before where the program is searching for folders that no longer exist.

Information on this post was very helpful. thanks!

Return to posts index

Sarah Smith
on Apr 18, 2014 at 2:17:45 pm

Your solution worked! Thank you so much! I was so worried that I would never be able to use my favorite video editing program ever again.

Return to posts index

Vedant Sonkar
on May 11, 2017 at 10:24:26 am

hi i found a fix for you guys on this Go to-Drive (c)/Windows/System 32/(Search and copy) d3d9.dll and paste it in your vegas installation folder or you can directly download the d3d9.dll from here - https://www.dll-files.com/d3d9.dll.html

Return to posts index

Rubén Serrano
on Jul 23, 2017 at 2:23:25 pm

It worked 😃 Thanks I almost spent a whole day looking for a solution.

Return to posts index

Adam Goforth
on Aug 8, 2017 at 2:24:23 am

I created an account just to post this. This worked and thank you very much.

Return to posts index

John Matchett
Re: Sony Vegas Freezes 'Creating windows' - update
on Apr 19, 2019 at 2:57:09 pm
Last Edited By John Matchett on Apr 25, 2019 at 10:22:23 am

Hi all,

Having wasted a day trying to get my Windows 10 workstation to launch Vegas 16 Pro without freezing on 'Creating Windows', any more bright ideas appreciated. I am a very long-time Vegas and PC user so it is rare that I have this much trouble solving a problem.

It was working fine this morning, as far as I know I have done nothing to the PC. Suddenly it started to throw a white screen into my central (3-screen) monitor set up - along with the Creating Windows message - and refuses to boot up. VEGAS 15 Pro (still installed) is doing the same thing, which must be a significant clue. The question is what is the software trying/failing to do?

I have a number of external/internal drives but they are all on/live so it can't be failing to find media.

I have tried the various suggestions about replacing damaged/missing d3d9.dll files and removing ExplorerFavorites.txt files - not working for me, sadly. If I do a Ctrl+Shift start on Vegas it will start, once - but all my panes are in the wrong place so this sin't a long term solution.

From the mass of people clearly suffering from this issue, are MAGIX showing any intelligent leadership in identifying the issue to this annoying problem? I have sent a service request and will post it if I get an answer.

John M.

Update: MAGIX totally failing to engage so far, which is poor - and and problem persists. I have done two complete re-installs including deep registry cleans; no difference. Starting software with Ctrl+Shift works but gives me 'vanilla' single screen set up - I typically work on three screen set up. As soon as I move a window and re-start the system freezes up again at 'Creating Windows'. Someone out there (or at MAGIX) must know what the software is trying/failing to do at this point.

Return to posts index

adam williams
on Jul 30, 2019 at 2:55:10 am

Hi there, not sure if you still have this issue, but here's what solved mine. I had to go into my C drive, click 'program files', then select 'common files', then 'OFX', then 'Plugins'. Located in this folder were several sony vegas plugins that were dysfunctional. Delete the plug-ins, then attempt to load your application. It should work. :)

Return to posts index

Kevin der Kinderen
on Jul 8, 2015 at 12:27:06 am

I found another possibility. I was hanging up on loading right at the "Creating windows..." phase. Startup would continue about 30 seconds later.

Not long ago I uninstalled an OFX plugin NewBlue titler. I noticed that some of the plug-in names remained in the list of Video FX. After some hunting I found the folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\NewBlue\". I removed the NewBlue folder (just moved to my desktop to test). Started up the program multiple times and each time there was barely a delay at "Creating windows..."

My suspicion is NewBlue didn't cleanly uninstall and Sony was looking for its pieces. I wish there was an easier way to manage plugins. I only found the folder by looking through logs in " C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Sony\Movie Studio Platinum\13.0". It doesn't look like all plug-ins are located in the same place.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]