MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Video Preview Unavailable on Sony Vegas 9 64 bit While importing video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Santella
Video Preview Unavailable on Sony Vegas 9 64 bit While importing video
on May 21, 2009 at 1:06:43 am

Video preview is unavailable while importing video on both Vegas 8.1 and Vegas 9 64 bit versions. Is this an issue that will ever be resolved? I run Vista Business 64. Seems like a poor workflow if I am supposed to capture in a 32 bit version and then edit in the 64 bit version. Anyone know about this? Is this a solution coming. Thanks for your insight. Great product.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Video Preview Unavailable on Sony Vegas 9 64 bit While importing video
on May 21, 2009 at 3:08:52 am

I am not getting you fully....
Do you mean that during your capturing process
Video preview is unavailable
or is it when you are...tell you what....be a bit
more detailed on the matter according to your
workflow.

what are you capturing from?
whats the response from vegas..etc,etc.

Steve Rhoden
(Cow Leader)
Creative Arts Director and Film Maker.
Project Samples at:
http://www.youtube.com/hentys

Return to posts index

Alan Bunch
on Aug 29, 2009 at 7:59:22 pm

I am getting the message "Video preview unavailable" while capturing HD video from my Sony HDR-FX1. Is this problem with the software or have do I have something set wrong in preferences. Sony Vegas Pro 9 64 bit

Return to posts index

steven moser
on Sep 12, 2009 at 2:38:14 am

Hi Guys,

I have the same prob with my system. I'm running AMD 2.4 64 bit dual core, 4g ram,Nvidia Gforce 7900 dual head video adapter,XP Pro 64 and fast sata drives. I'm also using Vegas 9.0b.

I get no preview during capture only after pressing the stop capture button do I see and hear the video I've captured. Same problem occurs when using MM or Winavi. Very frustrating.

Thanks

Steveo
Legacy Videos Arizona

Return to posts index

Alan Bunch
on Sep 12, 2009 at 2:19:14 pm

I have Vegas Pro 8 on another computer and the preview screen works fine. This is either a serious bug or they had to sacrifice the preview for some of the new features in 9. In no way does it make sense to go backward.

Return to posts index

Kris Riley
on May 21, 2009 at 12:22:35 pm

Hi Mark,

I have 8.1, but I uninstalled it because of that same issue, plus a multitude of different problems I had. When you are capturing hdv, there is no preview available. It will capture, but you have to monitor it off the deck or camera. I use 8.0 now with my 64 bit vista op. It has the preview I need and it's faster at rendering, which is funny. Vegas support couldn't offer any answers, besides telling me it's a known issue. The only fix I found is to stop using the 64 bit version. I'm actually happy now with it's performance. The hassles I experienced though, were frustrating. I think it best to not use any of their 64 bit versions, unless you know how to tweak your computer. Maybe someone on here can offer some knowledge and positive experiences with the 8.1 or 9 64 bit.

- Kris

Return to posts index

Alan Bunch
on Sep 19, 2009 at 8:45:50 pm

I have now downloaded the 9b update and the preview screen now works. Apparently problem is solved.

Return to posts index

Rob Baker
on Sep 29, 2009 at 12:25:38 am

I have 9b on my home system and work system and I can't get the "preview" to work when capturing in HD.

I run Windows 7 64 bit at home and Windows XP 64 bit at work using a Sony HDR-FX1. Same results at home and at work using the same camera.

Return to posts index

Rob Baker
on Sep 29, 2009 at 1:01:27 am

I downloaded Sony's Vegas Movie Studio HD 9.0 Trial (32 bit version since there is no 64 bit version) and the video preview works. I might just use this for now since there is NOTHING on the Sony site about the missing preview in VVP9.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]