MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Spaced Frames

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Huddleston
Spaced Frames
on May 18, 2009 at 2:37:06 am

I am working on a stop motion project on Vegas Movie Studio 9. To change the frame rate, I have been going to Options, Preferences, Editing, and then to 'New Still Image Length'. I have mainly been using '3 frames at 29.970 fps' and '2 frames at 29.970 fps'. Now I am to the point where I want to try 1 frame at 29.970 fps. But when I reset this option, and then drag and drop my images onto the timeline, it places each image in sets of 2 with spaces in between. Is there a setting that changes this so that they are all grouped together with no spaces, just like with 3 frames at 29.970 fps and 2 frames at 29.970 fps? I would rather not have to manually place them together every time I use this option. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Spaced Frames
on May 18, 2009 at 2:48:43 am

You need to go about this in a completely different way.
Assuming your images are in a single folder and are all properly sequentially numbered, go File - Import, browse to the folder, click the first image in the sequence, click the box at the bottom of the tab labeled Open still image sequence and click Open.
Set any desired options in the box that comes up and click OK.
An image sequence will now be in your Media pool that is one image per frame.
Drag it to the timeline and play it.

Return to posts index

Jake Huddleston
on May 18, 2009 at 2:59:08 am

I use both methods, but I experiment with a shot by first adding frames to the timeline individually, so I can then see the project and remove or add frames if need be, whereas, it takes more time to create multiple image sequences just to add or remove a frame. Is there still an option to solve my first problem? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on May 18, 2009 at 2:06:07 pm

Jake,

Does your footage consist of a serie of pictures? Or is it just a piece of video where you make your pictures from? In that case I think you are better of with the Pixelan Steptime2 plugin.
http://www.pixelan.com/ce/features-st.htm

Theo

Return to posts index

Jake Huddleston
on May 18, 2009 at 9:44:08 pm

It is a series of pictures. The Pixelan Steptime2 Plugin is not what I'm looking for. Anyone still have an answer to my original question?

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on May 18, 2009 at 9:52:32 pm

Excalibur can do this (making pictures with the length of 1 frame and closing the gap).

Theo

Return to posts index

Jake Huddleston
on May 19, 2009 at 2:06:07 am

Theo,
I am not sure what Excalibur is, but my question is, CAN THIS PROBLEM BE SOLVED WITHIN VEGAS? Thanks for the suggestions, but I just want to know if there is a default option or setting that I can use to fix this. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on May 19, 2009 at 8:46:59 am

Excalibur is just a set of scripts for Vegas. So YES, you will perform your action WITHIN Vegas...
And just for your information, a script is nothing else than a way to automate functions already present in Vegas to perfom this function automaticly on multiple events. In my opinion, this is exactly what you are asking for...

http://www.jetdv.com/excalibur/home.php

Theo

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on May 19, 2009 at 10:59:34 am

> CAN THIS PROBLEM BE SOLVED WITHIN VEGAS? Thanks for the suggestions, but I just want to know if there is a default option or setting that I can use to fix this.

The answer is Yes, but you have to change the frame rate of your project to 30.000fps. It's the 29.976 frame rate that is causing the gaps in your images when laying them out. If you change your project frame rate to 30.000 the images will not have gaps. Then when you have them the way you like, change the frame rate back to 29.976.

If you wanted to use a script you could also use VASST Still Motion or Ultimate S Pro. Both have the capability to do this.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasst.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]