MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Quicktime reference file into Vegas?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FrankBokoski
Quicktime reference file into Vegas?
on Dec 27, 2005 at 6:06:29 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to take the QT reference file from an AVID project into Vegas for mpeg2 conversion. The project is 54 minutes long. When I bring in a 60 second test sample, everything works fine. But for some reason, Vegas won't see all the video in the full length version of the video. Any ideas why this is happening? I'm using Vegas 6.0c by the way?

Thanks

Return to posts index

jeditdv
Re: Quicktime reference file into Vegas?
on Dec 27, 2005 at 7:09:15 pm

Instead of using the reference file, can you just use all the pieces that the reference file points to?

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index

FrankBokoski
on Dec 27, 2005 at 7:23:06 pm

Hmmm...not sure how I would do that. How would I have Vegas read all the pieces from an Avid timeline?

Return to posts index

jeditdv
on Dec 27, 2005 at 7:35:56 pm

If it's a Reference file, it is a very small file that points to other QT files. I was just wondering if you could point to the other QT files without using the reference. When you render to a folder, all the 2Gig pieces should be in the same place as the reference file.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index

FrankBokoski
on Dec 27, 2005 at 7:55:23 pm

Now I understand what you're saying. Don't think I can do that here. The QT ref file is indeed referencing other qt files. But these files are the clips captured in Avid. And it isn't possible to reference just the parts of those clips I need.

The QT reference file I'm trying to bring into Vegas is a reference file of an edited timeline that has about 700 edits which of course is referencing much larger video clips. And the problem I'm experiencing is kind of strange. The complete audio from the reference file is played back just fine in Vegas. But only about 3% of the video referenced in the QT ref file is actually playing back in Vegas. However, if I pull the same qt ref file into After Effects, I can see all the video on a timeline. But that doesn't help me here.

I really like the way Vegas renders mpeg2 files. I'm having trouble with sorenson squeeze which is usually what I use when creating DVDs from Avid projects.

Looks like the answer might be to print to tape and digitize into Vegas.

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Dec 27, 2005 at 8:37:42 pm

I convert my Avid files into QT Animation codec, uncompressed best quality. So far that works very well for me importing to Vegas. It is nice to see that I am not the only person doing this.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

FrankBokoski
on Dec 27, 2005 at 8:45:29 pm

HI Charlie,
I thought of doing that but wouldn't that be a really big file for a 54 minute program? And take several hours to render? I guess I'll give that a shot.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]