MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

How to make this project easier?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zarxrax
How to make this project easier?
on Jul 25, 2005 at 4:04:21 am

I downloaded the Vegas 6 trial to see if it would be good for this project I am putting together, after being sorely disappointed with Premiere Pro. I tried it once before, back when it was in 4.0, and many of my gripes from back then have been addressed, though I still really find the interface very unintuitive.

But anyways, here is what I am trying to do. I have a large number of video clips, around 350 of them. I have designed a transition video clip to go in between these videos. The transition is actually 3 segments--5 frames where an image of a tv set zooms out over the video, then 5 frames where the tv set displays static, then 5 more frames where the tv set zooms back out of view. Its intended to look like you are changing channels through all of these clips. The first 5-frame segment is overlaid at the very end of one clip, then the 2nd segment is on its own, then the last segment is overlaid over the first 5 frames of the next clip. Here is a visual representation, the dashes are empty space, the numbers represent the 3 sections of my transition video clip, and the letters represent the my video clips.
----123----
AAAAA-BBBBB

Now, doing this over between 350 different clips is extremely tedious, and compounded by the fact that vegas doesnt "snap" across different tracks.
I was wondering if there is any way to help automate this process? At the least, perhaps a way to simply insert 5 frames of space inbetween all of my clips?

Return to posts index

jeditdv
Re: How to make this project easier?
on Jul 25, 2005 at 4:18:27 am

Yes, via scripts. To create the gaps of that nature, I use the Gap/Overlap tool in Excalibur. A free script that also does this is available on my website. It was written by Kamac. Here's a direct link:
http://www.jetdv.com/vegas/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636

A script could also be written to add that clip at the proper location as well. So a script could create the gaps and load that extra clips into the proper locations all with the single press of a button.

Edward Troxel
JETDV Scripts

Return to posts index

Zarxrax
Re: How to make this project easier?
on Jul 25, 2005 at 5:26:20 pm

Thanks! This will be very helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]