MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Need faster way to loop playback of a clip segment followed by same clip segment(reversed)

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Brady
Need faster way to loop playback of a clip segment followed by same clip segment(reversed)
on Jul 21, 2020 at 10:53:29 am

Hi,

I frequently cut out a segment of a clip so I can play the aforementioned segment followed by a reverse of that same segment - all on a loop.
To clarify, it looks like this - [segment1>segment1(REVERSED)]. I play those two segments on a loop to see how it looks. Then I'll adjust the start/end points as needed.

But the way I do it is to cut out the segment, paste it on the timeline twice, then reverse the second one, and set the loop region. My problem is this method takes too many clicks/keystrokes. Is there a faster way to achieve this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Need faster way to loop playback of a clip segment followed by same clip segment(reversed)
on Jul 21, 2020 at 11:18:39 am

Hi Jordan

You may want to try this option and see it it works better for you.

Make sure that only the video track is selected. Right click on the video event. Select Insert/Remove Envelope . Click on Velocity. A line will appear. Double left click on line to create points as in picture below. Points can be set anywhere to create the desired effect.

With left mouse button, drag point to minus 100%. That will reverse your video at said point.

Not sure if it's faster than your other method, but one never knows...

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb
Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core 4.60GHz
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1 and a bunch of others
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Need faster way to loop playback of a clip segment followed by same clip segment(reversed)
on Jul 22, 2020 at 2:27:10 pm

Hi Jordan

That did not answer your question at all. I had 2 other forums open at the time and someone had a similar question to yours. I replied to the wrong query.

Sorry about that.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb
Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core 4.60GHz
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1 and a bunch of others
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Jordan Brady
on Jul 22, 2020 at 9:46:56 pm

Hi Francois,

No worries. Ideally I'd like to be able to set a loop region on the main clip, then have it playback a forward+reverse of that region, with the ability to adjust start and end points. Once I've decided on the exact start/end points, I can then cut it out as a subclip on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Jul 30, 2020 at 12:42:16 am

Something like this?

wwaag

Return to posts index

Jordan Brady
on Aug 4, 2020 at 3:13:43 am

Yes exactly! Thank you.

Should I request a trial for these scripts through the website?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Aug 4, 2020 at 5:32:58 am

"Should I request a trial for these scripts through the website?"

No. It will be part of the HO Free Tools library. I'll try to upload it tomorrow and will post back when when you can download it.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]