MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

QOL Assistance with Movie Studio 15?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trenton Schneider
QOL Assistance with Movie Studio 15?
on Jul 9, 2020 at 6:21:35 pm

Howdy! I’m used to using VEGAS Pro 15, but I’m being asked to use VEGAS Movie Studio 15 for a particular project. I know in Pro there was a way to make the spacebar function as Start and Pause instead of as Start and Stop, which was a huge Quality of Life save for me. However, I’m currently not able to find the same setting in Movie Studio 15. Does anyone know if the setting exists in Movie Studio 15, or if the setting’s not inherently supported, if there’s any alternative way I can re-bind the spacebar to serve this function?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jorma Nippala
Re: QOL Assistance with Movie Studio 15?
on Jul 9, 2020 at 8:40:21 pm

VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum versions (including v.15) have that one in General Preferences

Return to posts index

Trenton Schneider
on Jul 10, 2020 at 12:22:45 am

Ahh, alright. I don't have the platinum copy, just the regular base version of VEGAS Movie Studio 15. I don't suppose there's any way to force such a function in the base version then? This project isn't really worth the financial effort of upgrading right now, and if not I'm more than willing to just continue using Enter as the keybind for pausing.

Return to posts index

Robert Strong
on Jul 10, 2020 at 4:41:43 pm

I see that Amazon has VMS 15 Platinum for $39.99. Surely you can afford that. The site says it has one download left, better hurry?

Custom refrigerated water cooled CPU & GPU. Intel i7- 6950X. Win 7 Pro 64 bit, 64Gb DDR4, Nvidia RTX 2080.
Sony HVR-Z5U, HVR- V1U, HVR-A1U, HDR-HC3.
Canon 5D MRK II, SX50HS, GoPro Hero2.
Nikon CoolPix P510

Return to posts index

Trenton Schneider
on Jul 10, 2020 at 4:46:03 pm

This honestly is not an issue of what I can and cannot afford, and more simply an issue of me being asked to use Movie Studio for one small project. Yeah, I absolutely could afford to upgrade to Platinum, but as soon as I'm done with this project I'm going back to using VEGAS Pro. At that point, it's $40 down the drain for a version of software I won't ever use again.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Jul 10, 2020 at 4:43:57 pm

Hi Trent

Not being familiar at all with the Movie Studio line, could it be that you have the option, as in the Vegas Pro version, of accessing the internal properties by holding the Shift key in Options/Preferences ? False setting makes it stop and go back to where you were. True will be more like a pause.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb
Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core 4.60GHz
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1 and a bunch of others
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Jul 10, 2020 at 4:45:23 pm

Forgot to upload the image...

Radeon RX 5700 XT

Return to posts index

Trenton Schneider
on Jul 10, 2020 at 4:49:21 pm

Oh! Now that you show the image I see what you mean, I misunderstood what you meant. My apologies. Yeah, that does solve the issue, thank you!

Return to posts index

Trenton Schneider
on Jul 10, 2020 at 4:47:33 pm

Unfortunately no, it doesn't look like holding the Shift key when opening Preferences reveals any more hidden options. Thank you for the hint though, I didn't know about that trick in regard to Pro. When I'm back on a project that lets me use Pro I'll keep that in mind!

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Jul 10, 2020 at 7:32:07 pm

Hi Trenton

Thought at first that it was not resolved then looked at the timestamps of your messages..... it did work, right ?

Cheers !

Radeon RX 5700 XT

Return to posts index

Trenton Schneider
on Jul 10, 2020 at 7:34:24 pm

Correct, it did! I’m not sure why my replies show up out of order when you view the thread as a whole, but your solution did in fact work. Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]