MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Vegas Pro 17 upgrade worth it?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Smiley
Vegas Pro 17 upgrade worth it?
on Jul 6, 2020 at 1:53:52 am

Vegas 17 claims that the de-shake tool is much better than in 17.

Since I have no kind regards for the 16 de-shake version, I'm wondering if upgrading to 17 really makes a big difference.

FWIW: Overall, I like Vegas Pro 16. I will never return to Adobe Premiere. But Vegas Pro 16 does crash (white screen)every once in awhile.

And the HDMI output through my Black Magic Design card shuts off at random times just like it did on Vegas 13 and on a different system I had. Maybe 17 fixes those issues too.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
Re: Vegas Pro 17 upgrade worth it?
on Jul 6, 2020 at 2:07:04 am

If you upgrade to Pro 17, you get Pro 18 for free when it's released which should be very soon.
The price is $200.00 according to a recent email promotion.

Return to posts index

Mike Kujbida
on Jul 6, 2020 at 2:13:07 am
Last Edited By Mike Kujbida on Jul 6, 2020 at 2:15:29 am

Make that $199.00 😁
Here's the info on the upgraded offer.
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/ca/vegas-pro/#c165111

Return to posts index

Charles Smiley
on Jul 6, 2020 at 3:56:32 pm

Thanks for the reply Mike.

But the core-question is if Vegas 17 video stabilization is significantly better than in 16. The video stabilization in 16 seems clunky to use and disappointing in results.

If not, I'd rather spend the money on a 3rd party plugin for that function - rather than an upgrade to 17.

Return to posts index

Jeff Lee
on Jul 6, 2020 at 5:29:58 pm

maybe this video (start at 4:30) will answer your question. It is good to very good compard to the old but Mercalli is golden.

Return to posts index

Charles Smiley
on Jul 7, 2020 at 3:48:44 pm

Thanks Jeff. That seems better than the one in Vp16. A 10 second clip would take 12 minutes to evaluate. And the variable orange box for the area-of-interest never shows up in expert mode.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Jul 7, 2020 at 8:03:42 pm

Best you simply invest in "Mercalli for Vegas Pro" Charles. That's what i do, worth every penny!

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Charles Smiley
on Jul 8, 2020 at 3:25:49 am

Thanks for the tip Steve.

All I use is old 60 and 70 year old 16-mm original archive films and much of it is a horror show if it's hand-held, or from moving vehicles. So taming it to meet modern viewer's expectation is a challenge. It sounds like Mercalli can get my percentage of useful shots up a bit more.

And yet, it has historical value since we don't have time machines worked just yet to film old events with modern equipment.. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]