MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

media effects animation issue

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Brewer
media effects animation issue
on Jun 19, 2020 at 11:54:50 pm

Has anyone had any luck with keyframe animation of a Vegas media effect? I would like to add color curves to a 60 minute clip and adjust brightness at various points in the clip. The clip is a camera original and the operator wasn't on top of his exposure settings. I can apply color curves to the entire clip using media effects and I can turn on animation. What is missing is the sync cursor to media timeline. That is grayed out in Vegas 17 and Vegas 15. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
Re: media effects animation issue
on Jun 20, 2020 at 1:55:04 am

You need to apply the Fx to the timeline event and not to the entire media if you want to animate keyframes. That's the reason the sync cursor is grayed out.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Larry Brewer
on Jun 20, 2020 at 3:52:41 am

I get what you're saying and I've used that method before. That doesn't help me with the issue I'm trying to correct in this instance. The timeline effects will affect ALL events on a time line. I need to do video level adjustments to scenes on a single clip that is 68 minutes long. This is a multicam edit.. cam 2 needs some work.

My use of "media effects" in the past would let me make changes to the entire length of a single clip either before or after I've used it in an edit. That part I understand. But with this clip there are areas that need to be brightened, and other long areas that need to be darkened, that's why I needed to animate the adjustments. And that is easy to do but without the "sync cursor to media timeline" selection, the adjustments would be made blind.

I should have used video effects instead of media effects and made the adjustments BEFORE I started cutting.

Thanks for your interest in my little problem.

Larry Brewer

Return to posts index

Larry Brewer
on Jun 20, 2020 at 2:19:54 pm

It seems that maybe the simplest solution would be to place the orig clip back on the timeline, apply the video effects>color curves, animate the adjustments, re-render the entire clip, use "REPLACE' to substitute the corrected clip for the original in my edited project. Done.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]