MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Adding text and then moving it around box gone?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Le
Adding text and then moving it around box gone?
on Jun 15, 2020 at 5:27:47 am
Last Edited By Kyle Le on Jun 15, 2020 at 5:32:02 am

Hi. I had to reinstall my Sony Vegas pro 13 and when I try to add any new text, before, as I type the text in, the preview screen shows the text with a box around it, which allows me to position it exactly where I want. However, now, I don't see any box, but if I try to move the mouse cursor around the word it doesn't move until I click out of the video generated media box where I in put the text. Also, whenever I type a new text in, while in the insert text media window, none of the text shows up on the preview window until I click out of that window. Then whatever I typed suddenly appears. Any thoughts? thank you!

Return to posts index

Dimitrios Papadimitriou
Re: Adding text and then moving it around box gone?
on Jun 15, 2020 at 5:41:47 am

compatibility issues maybe? I know that the dropper is broken for some of the text apps in pro 16 and that pro 17 has apps that have been deprecated, meaning you can still use them if you want but they aren't guaranteeing they will work right. For moving the text around at least I would ignore the media generated controls and use pan crop instead.

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Adding text and then moving it around box gone?
on Jun 19, 2020 at 4:12:40 pm

My thoughts? Wondering if its something going bad with your mouse or your computers display driver..... Not sure..... In the meantime just use the Pan/Crop feature to move it around as Dimitrios also suggested.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]