MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

How to Restore Video Track

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Crunden
How to Restore Video Track
on Jun 10, 2020 at 10:36:34 pm

Vegas Pro 12

Two accidents whilst editing on the timeline. The first was that the video suddenly split into two - a and b. In trying to put that right hovering over the controls on the left of the page I accidentally deleted the whole video track on the time line, leaving just the audio. The main question is Can I get the video track back as it was with my edits in tact to match the audio?

Roger

Return to posts index

Christian Wheel
Re: How to Restore Video Track
on Jun 11, 2020 at 3:47:03 am

Easiest thing to do to correct mistakes like this is to Undo (Ctrl+Z) right after you make them. In the situation you find yourself in, two Ctrl+Z's would do the trick. Unfortunately this doesn't work if you have since closed and saved the program.

In that case, what I would probably do is delete the B clip that was created when you split, then zoom out and drag the A clip until it reaches the end, thus restoring it to its original length.

If you made multiple edits to the alignment of the audio and video prior to deleting the video track, and have since closed the project (preventing undo), then there's not much you can do other than redo the work by dragging the video track in from scratch, ungrouping & deleting the audio that comes with it, then line it up to your audio edits.

----- Christian Wheel -----
Radio Host, Los Angeles/San Diego/Nationally Syndicated
Audio Production & Imaging
MS Visual Studio Developer
After Effects Enthusiast

Return to posts index

Roger Crunden
on Jun 11, 2020 at 8:34:45 am

Thank you for your response but very disappointing as it seems I've wasted a number of pains-taking hours working on multiple small clips of a 3 hour footage program which I had reduced to two hours. I was almost half way through the whole so I suppose I'm fortunate in that I hadn't reached the end.

Incidentally I did try the control and Z at the time but it had no effect - possibly locked by the trouble I was having with the split video tracks where the control and z had not worked on that either. Concerning the split video A and B, there was a red end to one of the clips.

I have a small amount of involuntary movement in my hands and that is the cause of my mistakes.

Roger

Return to posts index

Roger Crunden
on Jun 11, 2020 at 8:53:43 am

Thank you for your response.

The video clips were not separated - there was a string on A and a string on B. The two lines were broken at the point where I was moving a clip to the other side of the adjoining clip when suddenly the A and B were created. 'Control and Z' did not correct the situation. The end of the break was highlighted in red.

Please see my other reply on the question of the lost video track.

Roger

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Jun 11, 2020 at 5:53:46 am

[Roger Crunden] "Two accidents whilst editing on the timeline. The first was that the video suddenly split into two - a and b. "
Hi Roger! Does your Timeline look like this?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Roger Crunden
on Jun 12, 2020 at 10:35:31 pm

Well I don't know whether I'm fooling myself but I think I've rediscovered my deleted video in something I've always disregarded cos I didn't know what it was for. I'm referring to the BAK file and it all seems to be there with my edits.

Can someone tell me if there will be a problem with this and how I should go forward - do I need to change it to a veg file or can I continue as if it were a veg file? Should I now delete the spoilt veg file?

In essence can I carry on editing in the BAK file without worry or do I need to do something?

Many thanks

Roger

Return to posts index

Edward Troxel
on Jun 16, 2020 at 7:24:28 pm

Right-click the track header and turn off "Expanded Track View". It's a feature you can read about in the help file.

Edward Troxel

Return to posts index

Roger Crunden
on Jun 16, 2020 at 8:41:43 pm

Hi Edward, - now that's worth remembering - thank you

Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]