MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

disable resample

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bansemer
disable resample
on Jun 8, 2020 at 2:10:45 pm

I've been watching a number of Vegas tutorials lately and many of them start by telling to "disable resample".
1. Would someone explain resampling and what it's for.
2. What is the benefit of disabling it?
Thanks
Roger

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Dimitrios Papadimitriou
Re: disable resample
on Jun 8, 2020 at 5:48:22 pm

There may be some benefit to it for certain types of footage with certain amounts of movement. In my experience leaving it on generates motion blur and splotchy renders.

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Jun 10, 2020 at 1:55:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've never changed the default setting and am wondering if it causes issues, then why would they have it as a default. Is there a setting somewhere where it can be disabled without going into each project and changing it?
Thanks

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Dimitrios Papadimitriou
on Jun 11, 2020 at 7:17:49 am

I dunno why they have it as the default setting. I'm sure they thought it was a good idea at the time. At some point they let you easily disable it in the settings menu, check if your version has this option

If it does not then when you are finished with a project use the selection tool to highlight all the video clips all at once then right click go to properties and select disable resample.

Return to posts index

Dimitrios Papadimitriou
on Jun 11, 2020 at 7:23:44 am

Or if that doesnt work try selecting, then go to edit, then switches, then disable resample.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]