MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Buying current hardware for Vegas issue

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Charles
Buying current hardware for Vegas issue
on May 26, 2020 at 9:48:03 pm

I'm trying to put together a PC on my own. I'm having trouble purchasing some items - out of stock or they are raised prices. I have the sub $1,000 budget for something handling 4k 60p footage in Vegas, and fast Lightroom and Photoshop. What are the best bangs for my buck right now?

So far I've bought the
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread,
RAM, I have G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600

What about an X570 motherboard? power supply? Graphics card?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Christian Wheel
Re: Buying current hardware for Vegas issue
on Jun 5, 2020 at 5:10:44 am

Ryzen 3600 is the best CPU for the money right now, hands down. You don't need an x570 motherboard for it. You would do fine with even a budget b450 board (the b450 tomahawk is quite a good one) or the upcoming b550 boards if you anticipate wanting to upgrade your CPU at a later date (b550 will be released on June 16).

Editing 4k video will take advantage of 32gb of memory. Don't skimp and get less than that. Make sure you install the ram to run in dual channel mode by separating the dimms as indicated by the manual.

As for Graphics card, AMD cards run really well in Vegas, you would do well with a 5700XT or if you want to spend an extra $100-150, get an Nvidia RTX 2070 Super.

For power supply, you should be able to run all this effectively on 500-600w. Try to get a gold or platinum efficiency if you can afford it, but power supplies and motherboards are seemingly in short supply right now, due to shipping slowdowns from China and increased demand worldwide due to quarantine and government stimulus.

Don't forget a fast SSD for editing (get the largest M.2 NVME drive you can afford), a sizable HDD for long term storage, and an external HDD for backup!

----- Christian Wheel -----
Radio Host, Los Angeles/San Diego/Nationally Syndicated
Audio Production & Imaging
MS Visual Studio Developer
After Effects Enthusiast

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]