MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Keep track of original timestamps on clip

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Austin Bauer
Keep track of original timestamps on clip
on May 10, 2020 at 6:51:34 pm

I have a job editing Twitch streams. The person who does the streams often interacts with the chat and I need to be able to figure out where in the VOD the chat message may have come in. Obviously, once I start editing the video the timestamp won't stay the same. Is there a way for Vegas to tell me the original timestamp a clip had before I started editing it?

Sorry if this question sounds convoluted.

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
Re: Keep track of original timestamps on clip
on May 11, 2020 at 1:32:38 am

Hi Austin

This is my way of doing this. (I'm old school...) First off, I re-render my footage with a time code burned in and save it under a different name. Depending on your workflow, you may want to match the time code with your time stamp. I use this rendered file as if it were the original file and start working on my edit. When everything is done and am happy with the results, I change the rendered file location (I don't delete it yet in case I have to make changes later) and when Vegas asks for the missing file, I just point to the original file.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb
Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core 4.60GHz
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1 and a bunch of others
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Austin Bauer
on May 11, 2020 at 8:15:50 pm

Okay, thanks.

Return to posts index

Austin Bauer
on May 25, 2020 at 4:48:56 pm

Actually, I found a more effective method. I set up the timecode in a slim track just above the footage and group them all together with the G key. Then I just delete that layer when I'm done. Don't know about others but it works for me.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]