MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Windows 7 to 10

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mac McGinnis
Windows 7 to 10
on Mar 29, 2020 at 1:08:59 pm

This is more of an operating system question than anything but thought I'd run it by this forum.

I had a new editing PC built for me 3 years ago with Windows 7 installed. Was running VP15 at the time. Recently upgraded to VP17 only to find out I need Windows 10 to run the software.

Any suggestions when upgrading from Windows 7 to 10? I understand there's still a way to get it free. But I'm not opposed to shelling out the $140 for the software if it will make things simpler. The last thing I need is to have my PC down for a few days or some other malfunction that will create problems.

And advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Intel I7 - 8700 - 8th Gen. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus 7 motherboard, Corsair Vengeance 64gb (16X4) DDR4, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Windows 7

Return to posts index

Mac McGinnis
Re: Windows 7 to 10
on Mar 29, 2020 at 3:23:16 pm

Thanks. That's actually the video I've been reviewing. But thought I'd run it by this forum first.

Intel I7 - 8700 - 8th Gen. Gigabyte Z370 Aorus 7 motherboard, Corsair Vengeance 64gb (16X4) DDR4, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060, Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD, Windows 7

Return to posts index

Bob Moyer
on Mar 29, 2020 at 9:32:52 pm

I bit the bullet on Feb 20th to go from a rock solid Win7 to Win10. I followed the procedure mentioned in the video and did not have a problem. All of my previous software continues to work without any issues. I have a fast internet connection and the whole 'nail-biting' process took about 4 hours. It will reboot a couple of times but don't start this update and walk away, as you will need to make a couple of choices at the beginning. After it finished completely, I checked to see if the new Win10 was 'verified' and it wasn't until I shut down and rebooted manually. Then it show up as verified. Good luck.

Bob

Return to posts index

Francois Pénzes
on Mar 31, 2020 at 10:59:52 am

Many thanks Bruce !

Still had one of my machines running Win 7 with some older versions of Vegas (on account of certain plug-ins and FX)

After following your link, the upgrade to Win 10 went flawlessly.

Many thanks !

P.S.: @Steve Rhoden, you may want to look to upgrade also on account of Win 7 not having any more support or upgrades available...while it's still available !!! Easy as pie. And nothing was lost and everything works great.

Cheers !

PC Win 10 Pro 64-bit 16gb
Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core 4.60GHz
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Cameras: Canon XF305 + Canon XH-A1
Vegas Pro 16, User since Vegas 3.0

''When the cutting stops, the editing begins...''

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
on Mar 30, 2020 at 1:16:40 am

You don't need Windows 10 for Vegas Pro 17 to work!
I have my Vegas Pro 17 running smoothly with all the bells and whistles attached, on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]