MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

tech support

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
G Randy Brown
tech support
on Mar 28, 2020 at 8:43:33 pm

Does Magix not have tech support like Sony used to have?

Vegas Pro 17
i7-3770 3.10ghz 4 core
32 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: tech support
on Mar 29, 2020 at 6:10:07 am

[G Randy Brown] "Does Magix not have tech support like Sony used to have?"

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

G Randy Brown
on Mar 29, 2020 at 1:53:27 pm

Thanks Grazie, I see the image but not a link...when you get the time can you provide the actual link please.
Thanks again,
Randy

Vegas Pro 17
i7-3770 3.10ghz 4 core
32 GB RAM

Return to posts index

G Randy Brown
on Mar 29, 2020 at 2:35:50 pm

After making sure that my browser is not blocking cookies I even added sony as safe but still get

"System error
You have deactivated cookies.
You must activate cookies in your browser to be able to use the MAGIX Service Center."

That said after googling for MAGIX Service Center I got there and logged in...thanks very much all!

Vegas Pro 17
i7-3770 3.10ghz 4 core
32 GB RAM

Return to posts index

G Randy Brown
on Mar 29, 2020 at 2:51:52 pm

So I guess my question is, have any of you ever used a support ticket to get help from a real tech person employed by Magix like Sony used to offer?
I went as deep as I thought I could go and saw a link on how to reinstall but surely that can't be the extent of magix support.

magix1.jpg

after clicking video pro x I get

magix2.jpg

Vegas Pro 17
i7-3770 3.10ghz 4 core
32 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Bruce Brent
on Mar 29, 2020 at 6:34:40 pm

Don't expect much as tech support is in Germany.

Just last week, I asked a specific question regarding what specs within a GPU speeds up rendering. I got an answer a day later. Their answer: nothing about rendering, only playback. I replied with the info in CAPS. They indeed replied, but with NO real answer to my specifics that I wrote to them. They're useless.

I feel bad for Gary Rebholtz, as he actually owns Vegas Pro. I guess he doesn't actually monitor Vegas Pro customers. Only counts the money he makes from sales.

I've been a Vegas Pro software owner since version 3 and I can, indeed, see the number of posts here on Cow, dwindle over the years. Jumping ship to other brands has been an ongoing process.

Return to posts index

G Randy Brown
on Mar 29, 2020 at 7:43:57 pm

I too have been with Vegas since 3...the forums have always impressed me with the competent, polite ppl ready to help.
At one time when the Sony forum was in it's prime, one could usually expect a reply within an hour or 2.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Vegas Pro 17
i7-3770 3.10ghz 4 core
32 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Matthew Jeschke
on Apr 2, 2020 at 4:40:28 pm

This has infuriated me with sie germans. Magix support looks like it's there but it's impossible to use. If you get a reply it's not a cordial one. I got through once and had a legitimate question. They didn't have a kind response. I'm not going to sugar coat it, their response was downright rude, almost how dare do you ask me a question.

Their website / checkout cart was broken when I tried to do last upgrade. The page had a contact us button but that was also broken. Somehow now, I'm getting calls for Magix tech support. People think that I'm the guy who runs their tech support. I have no idea how these people get my phone number.

I was in Germany and almost wanted to visit Magix. I've put thousands into this software. It was a bit glitchy and buggy with Sony but they were courteous and I always held out hope that they would fix those things so I over looked them.

Magix continues to roll out new features that are equally glitchy. Underlying software needs bugs fixed and they are completely ignoring them. For instance, does anybody's "explorer" pane work correctly? Mine never has on three separate computers I've tested software on over multiple different operating systems.

I honestly, would just like to know what hardware can reliably run the software. Magix wouldn't tell me what hardware they test the software on. And now I assume there's "no tech support" at all once the Germans took over the software.

We should petition Sony to buy it back lol

--------------------------------------

I do Architectural Photograph & Cinematography as a part of being a Residential Real Estate Consultant.

Some of my work can be seen at,
http://www.youtube.com/keystoaz/
http://www.vimeo.com/matthewjeschke/
http://www.keystoaz.com/

PS. It's an excellent excuse to ride off what I love, Camera equipment :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]