MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Rendering additional clip(s) to a already rendered video

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Oates
Rendering additional clip(s) to a already rendered video
on Mar 28, 2020 at 5:24:24 pm

If I wanted to add a clip or clips to a video that was already rendered, would it be possible to just render the additional clip(s) without having to render the whole video again?

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Rendering additional clip(s) to a already rendered video
on Mar 29, 2020 at 5:06:08 am

[Bryan Oates] "would it be possible to just render the additional clip(s) without having to render the whole video again?"
No, not if you wish to end up with a complete rendered file. Now, having said that, there maybe software, external to VP, that could create a single File from separate Video files.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Mar 30, 2020 at 3:16:14 am

"Now, having said that, there maybe software, external to VP, that could create a single File from separate Video files."

Graham is absolutely correct. There is available software that will do this, but you can't do it inside of Vegas. There are a couple of TMPGEnc products that will do this--Video Mastering Works or MPEG Smart Renderer. Or you could take a look at VideoReDo. These products will "smart-render" so that only transition points are "re-rendered" and the main clips are "copied". If you want to add the new clips to the end of your original video, there are even freeware tools that can easily accomplish this. Lots of options--just not in Vegas.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 30, 2020 at 8:58:11 am

Hi

"Graham is absolutely correct. There is available software that will do this, but you can't do it inside of Vegas."

I think you can do it in Vegas Pro, if you use smart render codecs on export !

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 30, 2020 at 9:11:11 am

[Ole Kristiansen] "I think you can do it in Vegas Pro,"
Hi Ole! I was under the impression Bryan wanted to do this WITHOUT additional Rendering, as in:

[Bryan Oates] "If I wanted to add a clip or clips to a video that was already rendered, would it be possible to just render the additional clip(s) without having to render the whole video again?"

Ole, how is Smart Rendering from within VP not Rendering? 😕

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 30, 2020 at 9:16:15 am

Hi Graham

Because you only have to render the extra clips, not the whole movie !

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 30, 2020 at 9:59:24 am

Just made a small test with some old Canon XF100 footage !

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 30, 2020 at 10:05:40 am

Sure. Had you done any edits to the original footage? Had you then made any interim renders?

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 30, 2020 at 10:12:24 am

Hi Graham

"If I wanted to add a clip or clips to a video that was already rendered, would it be possible to just render the additional clip(s) without having to render the whole video again?"

.... to a video that was already rendered ... I understand that ... here we have a finished video !

now I want to add a clip ...... maybe my english i bad ?

best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 30, 2020 at 10:22:41 am

Your english is fine. I’ve understood Smart Rendering as to allowing VP not to rerender, that’s a good thing. In the past I’ve used to skip over that which I’ve already prepared. Now here, our chum, is wishing to ADD either rerendered, render Prerender Stuff to an existing rendered project. What has to happen is that ALL the media must be conforming to that Final Smart Render format.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 30, 2020 at 10:48:54 am

If you create a project in Vegas Pro with smart render footage - and later add clips in between that are not smart render clips - then when exporting your movie, you will see that Vegas Pro should only render transitions between smart render clips and not smart render clips and clips that are not smart render clips !

Maybe we are not talking about the same - but I see what you mean !

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Mar 30, 2020 at 4:43:17 pm

Unfortunately, most codecs that "smart-render" in Vegas are NOT delivery codecs--they are usually digital intermediates. Formats that are designed for delivery such as avc (h264), hevc (h265), or VP9 cannot be smart-rendered. You must re-render the entire project if you want to only use Vegas.

wwaag

Return to posts index

Bryan Oates
on Mar 31, 2020 at 1:59:54 pm

Thought I would chime in again. Thanks for all of the responses so far and I apologize if my topic is a little confusing. I will try to make it clearer for you guys...

Project A was edited and then rendered.
Project B (aka the additional clips) is added to the end of Project A and edited.
Is it possible to just render Project B without having to rerender Project A?

Maybe this will help... Let's say Project A took an hour to render. Let's also say Project B was rendered by itself and took 30mins. If I could just render Project B, it would only take like 30mins instead of 1hr 30mins. Does that make sense?

I have rendered projects that are several gigabytes in size, so I'm hoping that I can just render the additional clips (Project B) without having to rerender Project A and save a whole lot of time waiting for it to finish. All of my projects are 1080p, so the rendering is time-consuming.

If I only had a couple of projects with additional clips needing to be added, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I have numerous. I also have dozens upon dozens of new projects that are still in raw form.

Edit: A light bulb just turned on in my head about something that I mentioned above. I think I have a solution. What I might do is render Project A and B separately and then use a different program to combine them as one file.

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Mar 31, 2020 at 3:26:30 pm

Since you want to add the new file at the end, it is very easy using 3rd party tools. You could try the freeware MP4 File Joiner which can be found at https://www.mp4joiner.org/en/.

There is also a free MP4 File Joiner program in the HappyOtterScripts free tools library which can be found at https://tools4vegas.com/mp4-file-joiner/. The only downside is that you must install the HOS package since it includes a number of the tools required by MP4 File Joiner.

Or, you can have a look at the TMPGEnc products or VideoReDo. Any of these solutions should work.

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]