MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Bordering a text box?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marko Petrovic
Bordering a text box?
on Mar 11, 2020 at 4:24:31 pm

Hello, I wanted to know if it's possible to set hard borders to a text media event in Vegas Pro. I do a lot of copying and pasting of somewhat long text in my work, and the text tends to go off the side of the screen, which means I have to do several line breaks just to fit it into the frame. This is not difficult, but it takes a good chunk of time in editing. Is it possible to somehow set the borders for a text event so that the pasted text always fits into them instead of having to press enter several times near the edge of the screen? Thanks in advance.

What it looks like when initially pasting:

What it should look like:

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: Bordering a text box?
on Mar 11, 2020 at 9:02:38 pm

[Marko Petrovic] "Hello, I wanted to know if it's possible to set hard borders to a text media event in Vegas Pro."
If by "hard borders" you mean Word Wrap, then no.

Several other options are availlable.

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Dimitrios Papadimitriou
on Mar 11, 2020 at 9:13:41 pm

I dont know a way in vegas but if i can recommend hitfilm express which is free. You can do that by creating a text box and convert it to paragraph text by right clicking on it and picking the option. Then you can save the text as a transparent png for easy use in vegas.

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 11, 2020 at 9:20:15 pm

[Dimitrios Papadimitriou] "You can do that by creating a text box ...you can save the text as a transparent png for easy use in vegas."
And that's one method😉 .

* Grazie

PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 11, 2020 at 9:48:40 pm
Last Edited By Graham Bernard on Mar 11, 2020 at 9:50:52 pm

O...K... Just 'cos you asked nicely: Ahem:

1 - Put ALL your Text in a Word Processor single row TABLE

2 - From WP Export as a PDF ( yeah, as a PDF . . )

3 - Then open PDF in AR and Copy your Text and paste into VP Legacy Text or Title and Text:

Legacy Text:

Title and Text:

Now, 'cos you've got those HARD carriage returns from your PDF you've got much of the Control Functions that VP Texts have too! - This is far more flexible than importing a "fixed", unresponsive IMAGE.

Oh yeah, 'cos PDF uses Vector Scaling you can adjust the Font size on the fly. Clean as a whistle.

* Grazie

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
on Mar 11, 2020 at 9:56:38 pm

Here's another one: Mixed Font Sizing and Font Styles - yeah, it's awful, but drives home the Point:

* Grazie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]