MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

External monitor stops working

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Smiley
External monitor stops working
on Feb 21, 2020 at 8:11:09 pm

I am very happy I left Adobe PPro and switched permanently to Vegas. But...….

I have had various Vegas versions up to version 16. They have all had a problem. The Black Magic Design HDMI output to a regular "TV" (1080i) often stops working.

If I minimize Vegas and go out to use another app the HDMI output is non-working when I return to editing in Vegas. Sometimes if I click on that dumb little TV icon a bunch of times it restores it. But usually I have to save the project - close Vegas - and then restart the Vegas project. Then it's OK for awhile. Sometime when I add an "effect" like Lab Adjust or "Neat" Film Degrain it stops working with the BDB-TV output.

All I work in

Since over the years this has been a chronic issue with Vegas 13 through Vegas 16 and with several older computers - and with 3 different Black Magic Design PCI cars, It must be a Vegas problem. The newest computer is a Ryzen system built with every possible modern component (fast as lightning too!)..

Someone else must have experienced this problem.

Currently...
The Black Magic card is the Intensity Pro 4K and I have Vegas Pro 16 on Windows 10.
The external "TV" is a Samsung 27-inch flat screen.

Return to posts index

Charles Smiley
Re: External monitor stops working
on Mar 3, 2020 at 7:51:10 pm

Nobody has ever heard of this problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]