MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Issues with Image Stabilzation

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave croonprince
Issues with Image Stabilzation
on Jan 25, 2020 at 6:34:47 pm

I'm having issues with image stabilization on Vegas 16. I click on the clip i want to stabilize. I go to TOOLS. I click on VIDEO. I click on MEDIA FX. I click on VIDEO STABILIZATION. I choose the option for PROFESSIONAL. I choose ANALYZE MOTION. It then seems to take forever to analyze that very brief clip. Then once I do have stabilization activated - it seems to affect every single clip on the time line - not just the one I'm trying to stabilize. What am I missing?

Return to posts index

Doug Jackson
Re: Issues with Image Stabilzation
on Jan 26, 2020 at 1:17:58 am

Hi Dave,

Although I don't have Vegas 16 (I have Vegas 13), I believe 'MediaFX' means that it applies to the whole 'clip' (file) and not just the 'event' you have selected on the timeline. Which explains why you are seeing the long delay while analyzing and explains why any event on the timeline from that file has stabilization applied.
I believe Stabilization can only be applied to the whole clip or a 'sub-clip' if you were to make one from the event you wish to stabilize. I would suggest creating a 'sub-clip' if that feature is still available in version 16.

Regards,
--Doug

Dell Precision T5500
2x Intel Xeon DP E5620 @ 2400MHz; Memory: 22528MB; Chipset:Intel 5520;
Video Card : AMD R9 290x
HDD: Crucial_SSD1 (256GB);WD(1000GB);WD(2000GB)

Return to posts index

dave croonprince
Re: Issues with Image Stabilzation
on Jan 26, 2020 at 11:20:34 pm

Hi Doug, thanks for your reply. I did try opening the clip in another project. It still seemed to take forever to analyze. Then once it finished analyzing I was unable to watch it as the image just froze in place. Not sure what's what.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]