MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Vegas 16 and 17 crashing constantly while editing on timeline

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jackie Luffy
Vegas 16 and 17 crashing constantly while editing on timeline
on Jan 12, 2020 at 9:50:13 pm

Hey guys I have a very difficult problem with Vegas, I've tried 16, and 17 and noticed that everytime I try and playback the videos (mp4) files Vegas will just stop working and crash, it happens mainly the moment I press the pause button under the preview window while im playing something back and then everything freezes, I get the (not responding) and it just hangs there until I click somewhere and the screen goes white and windows has to close the program

I uninstalled Xvid codec thinking that may be the problem, I have tried turning off the GPU for my nvidia graphics card and using it still no difference, I even changed how much ram is used in vegas, i have 32 gigs of ram and tried 20 gigs, and 16, still no difference, and lastly I figured maybe a different version of Vegas would work but no both versions still do the exact same thing, thank you for any help in advance

Return to posts index

Steve Rhoden
Re: Vegas 16 and 17 crashing constantly while editing on timeline
on Jan 13, 2020 at 12:44:31 am

A codec is not necessarily your problem. Do yo have a lot of other software installed on your system?
What you are experiencing is sometimes due to Vegas conflicting with something installed on the system, something running in the background or a bad driver somewhere.
Try removing all Vegas related tools you have installed and after rebooting, install Vegas Pro 17 alone. Yeah its cumbersome, i know, but you need to find a solution for your problem.

Steve Rhoden (Cow Leader)
Film Maker & VFX Artist.
Owner of Filmex Creative Media.
Samples of my Work and Company can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/FilmexCreativeMedia

Return to posts index

Jackie Luffy
Re: Vegas 16 and 17 crashing constantly while editing on timeline
on Jan 13, 2020 at 3:26:22 am

Thank you I will try this out and see how it goes!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]