MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

NVENC codec is missing in vegas pro 17? Why?

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jayden Toretto
NVENC codec is missing in vegas pro 17? Why?
on Jan 6, 2020 at 9:43:27 pm

Hi I have been trying to find the nvenc option but it does not show up in my vegas pro. I have a hp omen i5 8gbram with nvida gtx 1050.

Without that nvence option I cant render with my gpu speed and rending is too slow. I dont understand why it's doing this and it's frustrating.

I've uninstalled and re installed both my nvidia drivers and my vegas pro software.. I'm using vegas pro 17. I see on YouTube other people use pro 17 and the option for nvenc is there for them.

I have my GPU enabled in Options, preferences. Video. And ticked the enable gpu acceleration. in deprecated features. But still not showing....

There should be no reason for it not to show up.. all that shows when clicking render as.. MAGIX AVC/AAC MP4 is the templates with no (nvenc) and templates with (Intel QSV)

I've clicked on both options and then clicked customize template and when I click on the encoder mode box it only shows
Mainconcecp AVC or Intel QSV

NO NVENC. Please help someone! Thanks...

Return to posts index

Graham Bernard
Re: NVENC codec is missing in vegas pro 17? Why?
on Jan 7, 2020 at 4:47:51 am

[Jayden Toretto] "I have a hp omen i5 8gbram with nvida gtx 1050."

Hi Jayden! Looking at your specs, i5 and your GPU, I'm guessing that VP17 doesn't recognize the GPU and Driver set, due to its age. In VP17 MAGIX has deprecated several OLD functions and hardware setups. You could try accessing the Preferences Menus and applying the Legacy GPU:

See if that helps?

* Grazie

Video Content Creator and Potter
PC 10 64-bit 64gb * Intel® Core™i9 - 3.3GHz * 40Gb NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
PC 7 64-bit 16gb * Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core 3.40GHz * 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 Ti
Cameras: Canon XF300 + PowerShot SX60HS Bridge

Return to posts index

Jayden Toretto
Re: NVENC codec is missing in vegas pro 17? Why?
on Jan 7, 2020 at 12:48:24 pm

hey thank you for our response and yes i have clicked that and its been enabled thorugh my process of trying several times... my hp omen is only a couple years old. but its a 7th gen i5 so still newish..

so is there no way at all i can use my gpu? or any other render option that may force my gpu to start. i know mp4 is suppose to be a fast render but anything right now will be faster then the way im doing it. if i can use my gpu it will be a lot quicker.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]