MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

RX 590 Vs1660 Ti GPU for new build with VP 17.

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Prisby
RX 590 Vs1660 Ti GPU for new build with VP 17.
on Dec 29, 2019 at 10:26:56 pm

I am in the process of choosing parts to build a new desktop computer. Staying within my price range I'm considering the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite motherboard, the AMD Ryzen 7 RX 3800x processor, 32 GB of RAM and either the AMD Radeon RX 590 or the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. Can anyone advise me on which of these GPUs would work best for Vegas Pro 17?
I know the 1660 Ti is the more expensive GPU but I'm willing to buy it if it will give me the better performance.

Vegas Pro 17 / DVD Architect Pro
Intel 2.67GHz Core2 Quad CPU.
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GForce GTX 570 superclocked
Windows 10 64bit

Return to posts index

James Ollick
Re: RX 590 Vs1660 Ti GPU for new build with VP 17.
on Dec 30, 2019 at 1:24:06 am

All I can say is I have the RX580 and Vegas Pro v17 does not currently support the AMD GPUs like previous versions did. They are working on it, getting the bugs out. Lucky for me, when I built my latest PC, I decided on the i9 9900k which has the built in Intel GPU which VP17 does support and it works very well. I hope Vegas adds the AMD support soon.

Good luck with your build.

James Ollick

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Dec 30, 2019 at 4:28:04 am

Here's what I wrote to another with a similar question about a month ago.

"I'm sure that others may violently disagree, but It's pretty simple IMHO. If $ is no object, just get the best Nvidia card you can afford, at a minimum a 1660 or 2060 card (I still use a 1050 ti). In other words, stay away from AMD cards. In V17 hardware decoding is supported only for Nvidia cards at the moment. Moreover, if you look at external apps that support GPU encoding, most everyone supports QuickSync and Nvenc, but virtually no one supports AMF. That may change in the future, but for the moment I'd go with an Nvidia. They also have a "studio driver" version designed for creative apps such as editing as well as the usual driver for "gaming". One other recommendation--buy from a retailer where you can return it if not satisfied. Some well-known sellers do not permit video card returns."

wwaag

Return to posts index

Wayne Waag
on Dec 30, 2019 at 5:29:17 pm

There's a similar question that's just been asked on the Vegas Pro forum with pretty much the same conclusion.
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/graphic-card-recommendation...

wwaag

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]