MAGIX VEGAS: MAGIX Vegas Tutorials MAGIX Vegas Forum Articles Black Magic Design Forum AJA Xena Forum

Rendering times blown out

COW Forums : VEGAS Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Longden
Rendering times blown out
on Dec 21, 2019 at 4:03:09 am

Hi all.
This is a question for the experts..

Up to a couple of months ago, I was doing all my work with a set of DSR-570 cameras, shooting off tape, and producing an AVI SD file, which would then go out to DVD Architect for disc burning..

A 60 minute project, would take about an hour to render, with transitions edits and effects to an AVI file..
Most of the time, the message "no recompression required" would pop on screen in Vegas 10.

Ive had to update to HD, use Panasonic P2HD, and have Vegas 15 installed. The shot file is 1440x1080, 50i, Pixel 1.3 and saved as AVC Intra 50

Now to produce an MPEG2 SD file, takes around TEN HOURS rendering for a 60 minute project..

I have noted the P2 has upper field first, while DVD files need to have lower field first. Could this be the cause of the excessive time?

Also I have a low end graphics card (Nvideia 210) that does not have GPU support... (I have a 3.2Ghz Quad core chip so horsepower isn't the issue)

Any suggestions or ideas on the extreme render time?
Should I render this to AVC Intra 50, 50i then re render that to MPEG2 SD?

Thanks.
B

Do unto others...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]